Good options for get-home-bags.

mcdaniel

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered the MOLLE pack as well as 100' of para cord and a GI med kit today, I'll let you know how the service is.

mcdaniel

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess this isn't a topic that really interests anyone, but I got my bag it and it was great.

I would order from them again.

In fact, I placed another order for another 100' of paracord, a ALICE pack, a pair of boots, and some other small items the other day.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
That is an interesting site. I have picked up items from similar sites and good old ArmyNavy stores. Hard to find a good one local anymore.
We are pretty prepared here. Hugo taught us a lot. That was the first time I felt the need to carry open around the house and outside while I was working on the house and outbuildings. I always think of getting back to my house in an emergency. The car has a small stash of necessities in case I have to convince someone not to try and stop me from getting home or if it takes more than a day to get home.

mcdaniel

Well-Known Fanatic
Second order form armygear came in today. I am in Dallas TX, so I obviously have not checked it.

It did, however, take 3 weeks to get there. The time was fine, the problem was they didnt tell me one item was backordered until i called them, they just didn't ship the whole order. Wouldn't have cared, just would like to know when i give someone $150 why i don't get my stuff. I then asked them to make sure they email a tracking number(which they said they do automatically), because I travel A LOT, and I may not be home to grab the box. Well guess what, no email and guess who was traveling and not home to grab the box? Not really too enthused with them right now, but they do have good deals. I will call them sometime and express concern. If my order is 100% I will order again, but their CS leaves something to be desired.

Just some FYI for all the PSFers that work hard for their money and don't like BS.

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
Good site. I see some good pricing too.
the ship complete is probably for them to save on shipping and handling.
I'd be willing to bet they sell to a lot of distributors and retailers too. Some like ship complete and some prefer no back orders.
There is an old Army Navy surplus store in Charlotte and there used to be one in Charleston , but I haven't been in either one it for a looooong time.

Might be time for a visit.

Pops

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't mind backorders with reasonable timeframes. Some places don't always hit you with full shipping on the backorders, the best don't charge at all. One charge shipping is out there more now, thus making timely backorders worthwhile for us customers and good business for the sellers!

mcdaniel

Well-Known Fanatic
I am fine with Backorders, I just want to know whats up.

Send me an email and tell me, then I am a happy guy.

When you travel like I do, you need tracking numbers so your stuff doesn't sit outside for a few days and get rained on or stolen.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
mcdaniel said:
I am fine with Backorders, I just want to know whats up.

Send me an email and tell me, then I am a happy guy.

When you travel like I do, you need tracking numbers so your stuff doesn't sit outside for a few days and get rained on or stolen.

Very true indeed, good communication makes for good business. :cool:

mcdaniel

Well-Known Fanatic
Checked my order, its 100%

Surplus goods are in 95%+

highly recommend this site after 2 orders, just dont expect really prompt service if you happen to order something that is out of stock.

Latest posts