Gold bead vs Tritium dot w/ white outline.

Gold Dot or Tritium w/White outline front sight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
IF its a true gold bead and domed, it will work just fine. I like them for the classic look.

For me a black rear and white dot front works just fine. Not a huge fan of night sights but do have a few with them. Foe low light shooting the target needs identified anyway, so a flashlight is required , so I don't really see the need for tritium. But as I said a I have a few, makes finding on nightstand easy

Tactical Rico

Well-Known Fanatic
you didn't offer tritium with white outline AND fiber optic...............my favorite !!
TruGlo TFX 1.JPG

tritium for help in dark, white outline for help in low light (indoor ranges) and fiber optic for outdoor daylight,
JMHO, TR

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
I didn't even think of that match up. The white outline looks pretty large. Or is that just the picture making it look like that. I wouldn't want one as big a an XS big dot.
you didn't offer tritium with white outline AND fiber optic...............my favorite !!
View attachment 10008

tritium for help in dark, white outline for help in low light (indoor ranges) and fiber optic for outdoor daylight,
JMHO, TR

Tactical Rico

Well-Known Fanatic
It is kinda large (smaller than Big Dot, larger than Novaks). That is what makes it easier to see in low light or indirect lighting like an indoor range. I really like them but you can't get just the front anymore. Now you have to buy a set.....
I pair them up with a plain black 10-8 rear and have had great success using my "old eyes". Now I'm going to RMR's.
TR

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
I use the Novack Tritium w/ white outline on most of my 1911's. Contemplating a Gold Dot. Wondering if it will show up in dim light better or as good. Options welcome before I spend the $$ & time.
I have both and Gold does not work half as good as Tritium!!

Latest posts