Glock Sights

OK Bowhunter

Well-Known Fanatic
I would like to change out the factory plastic sights on my G17 with metal sights any recommendations?

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
I just mounted a dawson fo front and a dawson adj rear to my g35. Nothing I'd recommend for concealed carry, but they rock for my competitive shooting.

I'm thinking about a set of heine straight 8's for my XD for so any advice on those would be appreciated.

Matthew77

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the HiViz front site. I know it is nothing special, but it is an inexpensive nice upgrade.
31I8ytS9zBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
The best sights I've found are Ameriglo Nights Sights Operator Pro sights Yellow rear Green front are the ones I use, http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock

For Just Steel sights the Defor sights are really good as well of the Warrens.

I just mounted a dawson fo front and a dawson adj rear to my g35. Nothing I'd recommend for concealed carry, but they rock for my competitive shooting.

I'm thinking about a set of heine straight 8's for my XD for so any advice on those would be appreciated.

Why wouldnt you carry what you shoot best?

Theres something to be said for keeping things the same.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I always wanted to try the XS Big Dot sights. Does anyone have any first hand experience with them? They look like they would be nice for a carry gun.

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Why wouldnt you carry what you shoot best?

Theres something to be said for keeping things the same.

Odds are that tall ass front sight is gonna snag on something. A short version of my shootist set would be good. However, fixed sights usually mean I have to adjust my handload to match the sight.

But if your longest expected shot is 10ft....who needs sights.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1209-ext-mag-release-and-sights-for-glock-17/page__pid__9561#entry9561

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
I always wanted to try the XS Big Dot sights. Does anyone have any first hand experience with them? They look like they would be nice for a carry gun.

I've taken several sets off of students guns and replaced them with Ameriglo Operator Pros!! If that tells ya anything.

The problem with them in general is they are Fast at distances that we Don't use sights and slow at distances that we do!!

Not that they can't be used well, I just think there are much better sight options out there.

aikido73

Fanatic
I have/had the XS big dots a Kahr PM 9 and a SW 1911. Still have the Kahr and like it very much but never got used to them on the 1911 and sold the gun. I think my expectations were different for the 2 guns up close I like the sights and the Kahr but further out with the 1911 just couldn't get use to them.
Aikido

Airic

I shoot.
I would like to change out the factory plastic sights on my G17 with metal sights any recommendations?

This really depends on what you use the gun most for. Carry gun? Get something that wont snag and has some tritium in it. Target/competition shooting? I perfer Warren Sevigny sights, best sight picture for me. Dawson is also good.

Go to an IDPA/USPSA match and ask to look at different peoples sights, you'll get a better picture of what you might want.