Glock magazine springs

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Based on your experience, what is the life span of Glock (34 or 35) magazine springs?

Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
My dad has been shooting Glocks since the late 80's beginning with the Gen 1 and the only negative I've ever heard of about the mags were the early ones that didn't drop free.
I know he's put multiple thousands of rounds through his glock 17 and 21 mags.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Only time I've seen issues with Glock mag springs wearing out is when you add magazine extensions to them. Never really had any issues with stock springs.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Tuflehundon (Rob Gee) said:
Only time I've seen issues with Glock mag springs wearing out is when you add magazine extensions to them. Never really had any issues with stock springs.
I have the TTI small firepower base pads on mine but they didn't require new springs

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
It's mainly when you get the longer extensions like the 140mm or 170mm that require new springs to be installed. Those new springs don't last as long as standard Glock springs do.

9x45

Fanatic
My OEM springs seem to have lasted for years, oldest one since 92, but the ISMI 140mm extensions get soft around a year out, 4-6 matches a month. The first generation Glock magazines were only metal lined on 3 sides and will swell up and not pop out. Thats why most Glock models have the half moon cut on the bottom of the frame forward. The old U shaped non drop frees are great for carry though.

image37141.jpg