Glock 17c for production?

BGAvitek

Fanatic
I've searched the forums and read through the USPSA rules, but still a little fuzzy on whether or not a Glock 17c is approved for production. The USPSA documentation states the following: "C models are allowed providing that the barrel is non-ported and the other requirements are met".
However, I can't seem to find any clearly defined "other requirements" that would qualify or disqualify a compensated Glock from being used in production. Also curious to know if anyone has any thoughts on G17 vs G17c and any perceived decrease in recoil/muzzle flip during rapid fire since I've never done any head to head comparisons. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

mikey80

Negative Approach
BGAvitek said:
Also curious to know if anyone has any thoughts on G17 vs G17c and any perceived decrease in recoil/muzzle flip during rapid fire since I've never done any head to head comparisons. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
This data may give you a rough estimate on the depth of the comparison between the two models. Here is a link to OCRGC SCSA match in June. If you follow my scores, the pistol I fired in PI was a G23C with non-ported barrel, and the pistol I fired in PO was the standard G23C ported barrel. You can follow the results and see how the two guns compare side by side on the same stages. SCSA matches are awesome, and you can do cool stuff like compare your favorites side by side. I hope this gives you some insight.

What are you planning on firing 115's, 124's, 147's? 115gr FMJ's in the G17C would be really slick! Oh, and the G23C with 155gr HBRN's has no perceived recoil in my opinion. Sorry I couldnt round up a 17 and 17C to test!

BGAvitek

Fanatic
Micah_Rowe said:
This data may give you a rough estimate on the depth of the comparison between the two models. Here is a link to OCRGC SCSA match in June. If you follow my scores, the pistol I fired in PI was a G23C with non-ported barrel, and the pistol I fired in PO was the standard G23C ported barrel. You can follow the results and see how the two guns compare side by side on the same stages. SCSA matches are awesome, and you can do cool stuff like compare your favorites side by side. I hope this gives you some insight.

What are you planning on firing 115's, 124's, 147's? 115gr FMJ's in the G17C would be really slick! Oh, and the G23C with 155gr HBRN's has no perceived recoil in my opinion. Sorry I couldnt round up a 17 and 17C to test!
Thanks! Can you please try to post the link again? It doesn't appear to be showing up, and I'd like to check it out. I plan on shooting 115 grain primarily, which I'm hoping would yield the best results with a compensated setup. However if it puts me into the Open game (which is what appears to be the case), I might have a few more bucks to spend on venturing outside the production realm.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
It only puts you in open if you retain the factory ported barrel. If you buy a non ported barrel to use with your gun, then you can run production.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
canadianleadjunkie said:
115s shoot high on my 17c, 124s are right on.
I've never had any Glock's that shot different depending on bullet weight. Not at typical pistol distances.

9x45

Fanatic
BGA, I've been running Glocks since 92 and I don't feel any real difference in recoil between a G17 and G17C, although there is a slight difference with the G19, even with 9m+P+. Why not just go with a G17 for production? or build a 9 Major Open on a G17L platform?

Doc, my experience is the 115/124's shoot the same, but the 147's go about 2" high at 20 yards.

Latest posts