Geissele SMR MK1

Any pictures of a 3 gun AR with the Geissele MK1 or any shooters that use this handguard? I have a JP 18" rifle length barrel and adjustable gas system on the way but I have two concerns. First concern is the weight. I would like a handguard a little lighter but I'm not sure if the extra half pound is going to make a worlds difference with splits between targets. Second concern is will I be able to access the set screw on the adjustable gas block with the MK1 or will it get in the way while trying to adjust the gas.

Any advice or criticism welcome.

Thanks

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I didn't know they made handguards until now. At $375 I doubt you're gonna see a lot of pictures.

Most handguards block the gas block. I've always removed the hand guard until the block is adjusted then out it back on.

bullittmcqueen

Well-Known Fanatic
I would go lighter than the Geissele if I were you. It was made to be rugged and tough, not light and maneuverable. I have a 10" on an SBR, and not only was it really hard to install, there is literally no chance it is going to move or break. I would think a longer rail would make it impossible to get to the gas block, and the extra weight would be just unnecessary.

With all the lightweight rail options available now, I think there is a reason you don't see any at 3-gun matches. Great rail. Not for 3-gun.

Jonathan Brooks

Fanatic
What I have:
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=450
ssgen2b.gif

Light and small, and relatively cheap

Latest posts