Gearing up for 3 gun

EagleScout

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I am trying to gear up for 3 gun but do not have a large budget.

So far I have:

Ruger sr9c 9mm
Maddi AK 47 (not sure if this allowed in 3 gun)
870 wingmaster with 18 inch improved cylinder and extended mag tube.

So I am working on the rifle first. Should I just use the AK? I do have the itch to build an AR. Mostly likely will be running iron sights for awhile.

Chambers

actual GM
You're all set for the local stuff! I highly recommend that you come and shoot the gear you have before buying ANYTHING else. I guarantee you'll save some money in the long run after you check out our guns and figure out what you like and what you don't.

EagleScout

Well-Known Fanatic
You're all set for the local stuff! I highly recommend that you come and shoot the gear you have before buying ANYTHING else. I guarantee you'll save some money in the long run after you check out our guns and figure out what you like and what you don't.

So basically all I really need is a few more magazines and some magazine holders. That is good to know.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
I can't agree with Chamber more stongly!! Run what you have!! 2 rifle mags will get you through any stage, but 3 would be better, 3 pistol mags and a way to hold around 30 shotgun shells and you are ready to play. I have seen many a new to 3-gun shooter spend all sorts of money on stuff that doesn't work, then have to re-buy. It is far better to get a good idea of what you want and need BEFORE you spend $$. Just ask Mr. T he has bought and re-bought enough to keep Shooter's Connection solvent for the next 5 years, only to end up about where he started :lol: KurtM

Latest posts