Full day of hunting.

dennishoddy

Started out the day hunting pheasants behind Gunner, my Britt. We walked out a quarter section in loops, getting up several hens. Finally got a good point on a Rooster, dropping him into the flooded field. Walked out the final loop, and decided to not cross the creek as it looked too deep, but Gunner went across, and in one clump of brush got up a nice covey of quail, and three roosters. Too far for a good shot, so I just stood there, and kicked my lazy butt for not getting across the creek. On the way back, he got kind of jumpy, which I though was odd, so took off at a run to see what was going on. Almost ran right up on a badger that was in a very angry mood. At three yards, the Sweet 16 took all of the angry out of him.
As the afternoon went on, we hit a couple of other places with no results, so Gunner went to the dog box for a well deserved rest, and I went to the deer blind.
Some does came out right at last legal shooting light, so I took the biggest. 117lbs. Nice and fat. She was a chore getting out.

5956ca45.jpg

a639d98e.jpg

f6b6a76a.jpg

dennishoddy

I always learn something from these hunting threads. We have badger in Oklahoma, I had no idea.

Nice critters by the way.

Badgers are extremely agressive, and will kill a bird dog with their 2" claws.

They tend to dig burrows in the back side of pond dams, resulting in the dam leaking or at worst, bursting.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Badgers are extremely agressive, and will kill a bird dog with their 2" claws.

They tend to dig burrows in the back side of pond dams, resulting in the dam leaking or at worst, bursting.

Dennis, I didn't mean that badgers were nice critters, I was pointing out your other animals. :) Everyone knows badgers are assholes.

Latest posts