Found another deal : Complete AR 15 lower for $99.99

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
I wonder how any company can do do something like that and still stay in business. they must have a lot of excess inventory. If I had a FFL I would be tempted.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll admit, I've bought & used several PSA lowers ( stripped lowers & complete lowers) other
than installing a drop in CMC 3.5# trigger, they've worked just fine.
Never saw the need for a more expensive name brand, or billet, lower receiver .
( 'course I paid more for the ones I bought. )
I suspect that many of the cheaper and more expensive lowers are coming form the same source. I think PSA does make their own. If your factory is set up right, I am guessing extrusion molds last if not for ever, at least for a long time. The tooling for the machining will wear faster and so it machine time plus the wage of what ever personnel are needed to watch and set up processes. I am also considering the parts that were installed. This includes the buffer tube and buttstock, but I wonder if it includes spring buffer.
so I am impressed for sure.
1688857641320.png

From their internet page today

PSA AR-15 "Stealth" Stripped Lower Receiver

(1031)

$59.99

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I suspect that many of the cheaper and more expensive lowers are coming form the same source. I think PSA does make their own. If your factory is set up right, I am guessing extrusion molds last if not for ever, at least for a long time. The tooling for the machining will wear faster and so it machine time plus the wage of what ever personnel are needed to watch and set up processes. I am also considering the parts that were installed. This includes the buffer tube and buttstock, but I wonder if it includes spring buffer.
so I am impressed for sure.
View attachment 31693

From their internet page today

PSA AR-15 "Stealth" Stripped Lower Receiver

(1031)

$59.99
I have some PSA products and I have never had a problem with anything from them. They do have their own manufacturing operations, but they also make a lot of bulk purchases.

They are headquartered in Columbia SC, near the large FN plant that is also located there. There is a lot of collaboration between the two companies and PSA purchases a lot of FN's excess inventory. They resell the items cheap because they got them cheap. But, that is only a small percentage of their items.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I have some PSA products and I have never had a problem with anything from them. They do have their own manufacturing operations, but they also make a lot of bulk purchases.

They are headquartered in Columbia SC, near the large FN plant that is also located there. There is a lot of collaboration between the two companies and PSA purchases a lot of FN's excess inventory. They resell the items cheap because they got them cheap. But, that is only a small percentage of their items.
My first AR was made with M&A parts back in the 90's. Rock River receiver everything else M&A. I talked to one of their folks at a gun show (when they were still worth going to) She told me that they supplied a lot of other mfg's with their parts. It's a 20" with a slightly heavier than standard barrel, and has an A2 stock on it. I payed more for a 4.5 trigger from M&A. It currently has a 2x7x32 Burris scope on it. I like it...a lot! My second is all PSA 16" A2 stock and a 1-4x20 Bushnell scope on it. Very basic guns, but suit me and more importantly my budget just fine. I use 20 round Okay mags in it.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
My first AR was made with M&A parts back in the 90's. Rock River receiver everything else M&A. I talked to one of their folks at a gun show (when they were still worth going to) She told me that they supplied a lot of other mfg's with their parts. It's a 20" with a slightly heavier than standard barrel, and has an A2 stock on it. I payed more for a 4.5 trigger from M&A. It currently has a 2x7x32 Burris scope on it. I like it...a lot! My second is all PSA 16" A2 stock and a 1-4x20 Bushnell scope on it. Very basic guns, but suit me and more importantly my budget just fine. I use 20 round Okay mags in it.
Unfortunately, I don't have anything anymore. Mine were in a house that burned down. The fire was so hot that it melted the steel....looked like a puddle when it was all over! :cool::p:cool:

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
Unfortunately, I don't have anything anymore. Mine were in a house that burned down. The fire was so hot that it melted the steel....looked like a puddle when it was all over! :cool::p:cool:
LOL, work on your story a bit. I have seen guns that have gone through a fire. The wood and aluminum is gone. The steel while 'burnt' is metal and major parts while often warped are still quite similar in shape to what they were. Brick houses often get the higher internal temp is my understanding.

1688931889444.png

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Complete upper when this came out with that lower came out got you a complete rifle for around 330. No free shipping with this one but still great deal, when they do the complete lower with Magpul stock and grip for 129, 139 with free shipping pretty dang good, PSA been throwing out some deals lately, LE trade in pistols, just about giving the CZ P 10's away

Dave

Fanatic
Complete upper when this came out with that lower came out got you a complete rifle for around 330. No free shipping with this one but still great deal, when they do the complete lower with Magpul stock and grip for 129, 139 with free shipping pretty dang good, PSA been throwing out some deals lately, LE trade in pistols, just about giving the CZ P 10's away

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep that's it, they have the 99 buck lower and 229 complete upper on sale this weekend, I have seen that upper for 179-189. PSA also got the M & P 40 LE trades in for 249. Really amazing the deals out there with everything those fools in the White House and all their cronies trying to pull

Best combo PSA lower and Bear Creek Arsenal complete upper for around 200 depending on their sale, no tax and free shipping