Former NYFD and NYPD can't attend memorial because they r out of room

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
Some of them wasn't invited. There is so many politicians going that there won't be enough room to accommodate all of them. This is complete bullshit. You would think this would be a no brainer. What do you guys think?

dennishoddy

They aren't allowing clergy to participate either. The first person killed after the impacts was the Chaplin of NYFD, a Catholic priest.
Lots of politics going on.
It should be about the victims, not politics.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
No crap...I was reading that there is so much security etc that they will have to watch from the outside...A separate ceremony is to be held at a later date....A lot of NYFD and NYPD are very upset...which they have every right to be...sickening

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
This is a load of crap those politicians weren't there risking their lives the day the towers fell

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh now remember that we are under a terror threat again, The politicians just don't want to put those who can rescue them in harms way
They also want to point out that this was an attack on America not on the NYPD and NYFD which is what it has been toted as for the last 10 years

dennishoddy

I watched a few minutes of it this morning before heading to the farm. Very somber event with displaying the flag that was flying with its tears. My wife commented that when folding the flag, after the display, it was with wrinkles. After discussion we came to the conclusion that it had to be that way to not stress the rest of the flag, which is now an artifact.

taurusfan

Fanatic
It is utterly shameful that those who worked so hard to save so many should be ignored. 343 members of New York's Fire Department were lost that day and the politicians use their memory to promote their own agenda's and publicity. It is a travesty of the highest magnitude that the brave men and women of the emergency services were consciously left out of the proceedings.

As a former Firefighter / EMT who was disabled in the line of duty I am appalled at what was done.

:mad: :38:

Latest posts