For the ladies (and Mitch)--Flashbang holster

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
Something for the ladies--a review of the flashbang holster as requested by the White Morgan Freeman (I would love to hear the story behind that one), Mitch Gibson. I think he's considering getting one.

When I decided to start carrying, I got a Springfield xds 9mm. I tried IWB holsters, but they were not feasible for me. One, I wear dresses a good bit. In SC I have to conceal carry, so wearing the gunbelt over my sundress just wasn't an option. Also, when I wear jeans, I wear a snug shirt usually that is either tucked in or short. I could not conceal on my waist. I might as well carry a sign that said "Gun on right hip". So I found the flashbang holster. For those of you that haven't heard of it, it hooks in your bra. First you flash them, then you bang. My mom was worried that I would have to pull my dress up which would show what God gave me to the attacker. I told her that if I was drawing from I holster, then I intend to kill them so they can tell Saint Peter what it looked like! It is basically the ONLY way I can truly conceal my weapon.

I love the holster. It is comfortable and very secure. I do put moleskin under it because without it it is a little uncomfortable. It took me about a week of playing with exactly how to situate the gun with all the other, ahem, goods that are in my bra. Now I can put it on quickly and exactly where I want it and it does not move around at all. Drawing is not difficult, but does take some practice. It is a snatch straight down instead of the traditional draw motion. With a little practice it is very easy and not difficult to access. I can just reach my hand under my shirt and access it. It is the only way I can conceal on my small frame since I refuse to wear potato sacks just to be able to carry a gun. I can conceal in anything except my bikini. I love this holster.

Here is a link that shows the holster:

http://youtu.be/NAYu0-BOBEo

Here's a few pics showing that I can conceal in almost anything.

View attachment 6150

View attachment 6151

View attachment 6152

Sorry boys, that's all the pics! Can't show you the holster itself :) Mitch--I think it would look great on you!

Jennifer

Attachments

• IMG_3755.PNG
    IMG_3755.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4071.PNG
    IMG_4071.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7951.JPG
    IMG_7951.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 2

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Why do the thoughts of some poor thief being more surprised by some chick pulling up her shirt than the actual pistol....... shock and awe or awe and shock? guess it depends on two things ;)

On a side note I thought these were a good idea the first time I saw one! Later,

Kirk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Back on track...........

1. Do you still carry the XDs in it?
2. Do you have to buy a larger size bra like we have to with pants and belts?
3. I'd love to see the poor sap's face when you pull up your dress and then whip out your gat! Kind of the same principle as blinding an attacker with 200 lumens then shooting him?

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
Burk Cornelius said:
Back on track...........

1. Do you still carry the XDs in it?
2. Do you have to buy a larger size bra like we have to with pants and belts?
3. I'd love to see the poor sap's face when you pull up your dress and then whip out your gat! Kind of the same principle as blinding an attacker with 200 lumens then shooting him?
1. Yes, I carry my xds 9mm. Love that gun.
2. I didn't have to buy a bigger bra--there are usually 3 sets of hooks on a bra and I used to wear it on the tightest, now I just wear it on the looser hooks.
3. I'm flattered to have my goods compared to 200 lumens! Lol! I think it is safe to say they won't know what hit them! I'm sure it will confuse the hell out of them.