First Sunday USPSA Matches

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Since this is the "Premier Competition Community", and this is a hot topic right now, I thought it should be discussed here.

Oklahoma City now has 2-USPSA matches on the 1st Sunday of every month. Should one of them move to another Sunday so shooters can attend both? Should they remain like they are and let the "best club win"?

Keep it civil, or else take it to Facebook (cause nothing matters there)

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
It would be cool to alternate that way you're not having to choose between and attendance doesn't suffer as much.

Glock_21

Well-Known Fanatic
One bright side to having 2 venues, 60 people were able to shoot a match last night and everyone was headed home at a reasonable hour (around 9). I'm still new to this game but I imagine that 50-60 shooters in the same building would make for a late night.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Matt Rigsby said:
I'll take that action, Feegee is a scrappy S.O.B.
I think I'm gonna find out how scrappy after posting that. Lol! I can't believe I haven't received a text about it yet.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Glock_21 said:
One bright side to having 2 venues, 60 people were able to shoot a match last night and everyone was headed home at a reasonable hour (around 9). I'm still new to this game but I imagine that 50-60 shooters in the same building would make for a late night.
There is a reason I haven't even considered shooting at H&H on Sunday night is the stories of these matches lasting sometimes until 11:00. If I start hearing about 9:00 finish times, that might be tempting.

dennishoddy

We had 90 shooters one night when the old owners had Heartland. Match lasted until 1am, and I had a 2 hour drive home after that.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
I think I'm gonna find out how scrappy after posting that. Lol! I can't believe I haven't received a text about it yet.
Me too, he must not have seen it yet. I'll have to send him the link lol

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
There is a reason I haven't even considered shooting at H&H on Sunday night is the stories of these matches lasting sometimes until 11:00. If I start hearing about 9:00 finish times, that might be tempting.
we were done by 8:30ish

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
I've shot some H&H matches, always well organized, fun, and have always been out before 9:00. Never shot Safety 1st but I hear it's on par with H&H. Not trying to add fuel to the fire but, just have a soft spot for H&H. If they were on different Sundays I'd be glad to shoot in a climate controlled venue.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
TroyDB said:
Actually Troy 9:00'ish is pretty typical. I only remember being there once after 11:00, that was a super classifier match where damn near 100 shooters showed up. That was one long night.