first harvest of year

trimantrekokc

Well-Known Fanatic
was fortunate to have this coyote come in Friday morning with a companion....couldn't get the 2nd one....first blood drawn with the AR!

Attachments

• coyote 2014.jpg
    coyote 2014.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 21

dennishoddy

Fur prices are way down from last years sucky prices.

I took a truck load of Coons to the buyer and got barely enough to pay for fuel.

Bobcats were the only thing bringing any money. I trapped 7, so that put the season over the top.

I take my furs to Kanokla fur company. They don't pay as well as some, but he is closer, so its a wash.

Prices:

http://www.kanoklafurco.com/2012/04/prices-2012-2013.html

trimantrekokc

Well-Known Fanatic
thanks! and yes it did drop....I shot and got back on target and target was gone and 1 was running out....asked myself if I missed and went to look and there she lay....got another about an hour later with a 243......looking forward to getting them both fleshed out and sent off for tanning.....anytime I get a good coat on one I have started tanning them to have.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Every time I read the word "harvest" I imagine animals going through a combine. Don't be afraid to write "kill" on this forum.
Good job shooting. I love calling animals in, especially predators. It's a unique feeling when you are the dinner in mind. And you never know what will come running in, like those pigs I experienced last year.

tally ho!

dennishoddy

I slaughter them. :D
Two coyotes with the MZ.

b46365707c8ca058f07740cf811f71b5.jpg

7ab12fb1eccd2ba42a4684879564aaac.jpg

trimantrekokc

Well-Known Fanatic
not making a coat, just like having them around the house....I try to keep most deer hides and coyotes when they have a decent coat....the yotes are getting better, there for a while all I got were nasty mange ridden ones. yotes are only about $30/ea to have tanned....hope to get a bobcat in near future, if I ever get a chance at the cougar spotted on our farm he may be tanned also after checking in with ODWC? we'll see?

nice shooting on the yotes with black powder...bet that left a hole?

sorry on the harvest, too much time working retail part time and not knowing how people react to some words.....

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Dennis, you captured the coyote's dying poop in that second picture. A Boomer-Shooter Pulitzer award photo? :wink:

dennishoddy

Dux-R-Us said:
Dennis, you captured the coyote's dying poop in that second picture. A Boomer-Shooter Pulitzer award photo? :wink:
Any coyote that you shoot, and for the most part humans shot do the same thing.

I will accept the award though. :D

Red carpet thing?

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
dennishoddy said:
for the most part humans shot do the same thing.
Red carpet thing?
eeh! I hope I never get shot. I'd hate to load my pants before my old age dementia sets in.
The red carpet is a shag sample left over from 1975, so dress accordingy.

Latest posts