Finally had it happen to me.

dennishoddy

Got a text this morning saying to call the fraud dept of the credit card I use.

Last night on the news, there was a report of scammers phishing for card numbers by texts.
I didn't call the number, but called the number on the back of the card, and found out that I had a fraudulant charge of $5000 to a church in Elmyra New York. The CC company denied it, so we don't have to pay it.
Its frustrating to me, as I was willing to press charges, as it shouldn't be that hard to track the IP address back to the person putting in the fraudulent charge, but the CC company acted like they really didn't care to act on it.

So it will be a week to 10 days that I can't buy any gun stuff. Anybody have any loose cash they don't need for awhile?

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I found a couple fraudulent charges on my debit card earlier this week too. Someone bought a plane ticket and a hotel room through Expedia. Citibank was really cool about it and credited the money back to my account. I tried to do some detective work but Expedia's customer service department is pretty outsourced and I couldn't get anywhere with them, but I'm not too torn up about it.

I'm really careful with CC #s and browsing safety so I think one of the smaller retailers that I buy stuff from got broken into and they got the number from there.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Welcome to the I just got ****ED clan - They cleaned out TWO of my banks last year - lesson learned!!!

FZFan

Fanatic
Sorry, that sucks.

I have not had any questionable CC charges (except by my wife), but lately I have been getting a lot of US Postal Service non delivery messages in my email.

Very odd that the item I?? shipped is not deliverable and I should click on the form they provide to me.

Can't remember shipping anything nor puttin my email on the package for the USPS to contact me by.

So beware. Also a Cox?(spam) emails trying to update your information are getting to be a little bothersome, too.

landshark069

Active Fanatic
2 years ago I had a bank account that began to get convenience store charges in Ohio. Never even been there !!! Told the bank & they watched the account for a week and reversed all debits as they came in. It started with a couple the first day, then a butt load every day after as the thieves figured they could get away with it. Finally stopped after about a week. Have also had to get new CCs twice after Wallie World's processor was hacked for acct numbers. Lately I have been recieving emails requesting email account name, my birth date, and password or my account would be deleted by AT&T. FUDGERS !!