F Word slugs not working in F word Benelli.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I have been using the 1150 Fiocchi 1 oz slugs for about 2 years. in my old M1. They have always shot point of aim (after Magic Mike worked Kurt's tuning jig) with mod choke flawlessly.

This last case I have tried to use has done nothing but fail to eject or "light cycle". This is also happening on jcameron's M1 as well. Any ideas? Do I need to replace some springs or would a video of the screw ups help?

Also, I think flip flops are horrible footwear. Carry On.

charger arms

I am guessing that is the problem. Might be a batch or 2 of lighter powder. I didn't crono these out of my 28" gun. Guess I should jump up to the 1300's and be a man or try some Winchesters or Federals.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
benny hill said:
These slugs crono at 1085 fps out of my 22" barrel. If slower they may not work in a recoil orp. benelli. May be a slow batch.
I was thinking the same thing. Those slugs are right on the borderline of reliability in an inertia gun.

David2U

Active Fanatic
I'm not familiar with your shotgun, but I assume it is a semi auto.

Question- do the plastic hulls feel any different than usual.... by that do they have a sticky or dry feel to them versus the normal slick feel of a plastic shotgun hull. Any thing that would cause a little friction on ejection?

What about the chamber? How long since it has had a good scrub & light oil?

But as has already been mentioned, it is probably a batch of shells with a lighter than normal load.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I think I'm just going to stick with the cheap Winchesters. They may rattle my teeth but they go where they are supposed to and work every time.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Cameron Gonder (gondo) said:
duuuuddeee dont tell everybody about these! they are 100% reliable out of my m2 compared to the fiochi and they are shorter and fit in all caddies...
Those 1300's are required in my XRail gun. They hit noticeable harder then the Fiocchi slugs at 1145.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
My Stoeger wouldn't fire any low recoil stuff I tried in it. Gave them to a buddy with an M2 and he had some issues as well. Most of the guys I see using M2's are using 1300fps ammo.

charger arms

I am going to give Fiocchi a call or email about them and provide the lot number. What sucks the most, is I sold jcameron996 my second case of them and they **** the bed in both his guns.

charger arms

David2U said:
I'm not familiar with your shotgun, but I assume it is a semi auto.

Question- do the plastic hulls feel any different than usual.... by that do they have a sticky or dry feel to them versus the normal slick feel of a plastic shotgun hull. Any thing that would cause a little friction on ejection?

What about the chamber? How long since it has had a good scrub & light oil?

But as has already been mentioned, it is probably a batch of shells with a lighter than normal load.
Yep, Semi Auto.
The shells feel "normal". Nothing unusual.
Chamber is clean. No goopy oil or residue. I clean it every other outing.

charger arms

Still waiting to hear back from Fiochhi.

I tested some slugs I had on hand.

1300 fps Federal 1 oz. Hit 1 foot low at 50 yards with IC and Mod Choke.

1200 fps Reminton 1 oz. Hit about foot low and off at 4 o'clock with IC Choke (only had 2 on hand)

1600 fps Brenneke KO 1 oz. 1 inch low, (damn near center punched target) with IC and Mod.

Might try and find some other Fiochhi and see is they cycle. I like the way they hit when they work.

Latest posts