Engraving, when and why?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I am a class 3 noob. When, why, and where do you have to engrave firearms? I have an SBS in my name that I'd like to transfer to my new trust. I also just bout my first suppressor yesterday. Thanks Cold Hand Arms!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Engraving is only necessary when you are the builder of the NFA item. If you are just transferring an item to your trust it is done with a form 4. The person who built it or modified it into an nfa item had to do this on a form 1 & the engraving was done at that time.

RyanReed

Semi-Pro
Jesse, from what I understand, it's going to cost you $200 to transfer it from your name to your trust.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I wouldn't either. What can did you buy? The wait right now is horrible, somewhere around 5+ months. I have 4 forms pending and it sucks!

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
I need to get a threaded 22/45 as well.

I just picked up a GSG 1911 .22 w/ threaded barrel today from Tommy at Sooner State pawn. Can't wait to put my can on it and play!

Been wanting one of the 22/45 rugers with the rails to put a red dot on too!

RyanReed

Semi-Pro
Shooting suppressed .22 is a blast. Here is one of my favorites:

DSC_0264.JPG

DSC_0265.JPG

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Here's a shitty picture of mine with my 9mm can attached. I took the bottom rail off because it's gay to have a flashlight rail on a .22

100_0417.jpg

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Here's a shitty picture of mine with my 9mm can attached. I took the bottom rail off because it's gay to have a flashlight rail on a .22

***holy big picture batman pic removed****

I used to think the same thing, but I would use a .22 for critters at night. And a railed light would be useful.

I used to be the biggest pistol rail hater, but I love the rail on my Glock. I won't have a nightstand gun without night sights and a weaponlight again.

rugerMK3_gemtech_PAgreendot_C5L_4139web.jpg

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrats on the can!!! I took my father in law up to Steve's on Tuesday so he could pick up his YHM suppressor for his Sig Mosquito and his SBS.

Latest posts