Durning Defense Customs (build in progress) for Wild Bill (WEB)

• Thread starter DurningDefenseCustoms
  • Start date
D

DurningDefenseCustoms

Folks,

Thought I would share some pic's of a pistol I am in the middle of, the gun is not complete still needs a detail work done, but she's gettin close. Sorry about the smug marks on the flats, its hard to keep finger oil off the mirror polished surface when it's at 2000 grit. The gun should be ready to ship off to Glenrock Bluing in the about 2 weeks and I can't wait to see the work from the boys at Glenrock, they are top notch.

The pistol was built on a les baer frame and slide, order new from baer. Kart barrel, clyinder and slide internals and a host of top notch parts from the best suppliers in the game today. The slide to frame fit worked out great and comes in at just under .001 and the barrel to bushing fit is less than .002 total, from slide to bushing, bushing to barrel. The Kart barrel has been what I call Combat crowned at 96 degrees, ball cuts machined on slide, french boarder and 20 lines per inch slide top serrations. The front strap was hand checkered at 20 lines per inch, with the mainspring housing and recoil plug to match. The front sight was machined in house and it sports a Harrison rear sight. The esmerelda grips are very pretty and always high qaulity, the Stan Chen max bevel mainspring housing; one of my personal favorite upgrades, nice big opening with no extra bulk. The trigger pull is nice and crisp with no creep at 4 lbs 2 oz. and the hammer overcocking has been reduced for a smoother action, as well as the addition of the Marvel disconnect cut, really makes the gun feel like butter. (thanks J on the help with that cut.) The ejection port has been upgrade with the live round relief, which helps clear loaded round from the chamber with an extended ejector.

Again she is not quite done, still have some fine detail work to finish so the surfaces are perfect for Glenrock. The plunger tube is not installed as I do that after the gun returns from the finisher.

I will post up the completed pics, we I get'her back from Glenrock in a couple of weeks,

thanks for looking,

Anthony Durning
Durning Defense Customs
405-229-9856

Attachments

• 077.JPG
    077.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 078.JPG
    078.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 079.JPG
    079.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 082.JPG
    082.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 081.JPG
    081.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 080.JPG
    080.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 109
D

DurningDefenseCustoms

forgot,

Here is a pic of Brain (B'S) Goverment I built a while back on a caspian frame and slide, it's for sale for 1800.00, his wife shot the gun, 5'2 about a buck in a quarter and fell in love with it so now he's selling it too build two commanders for carry. I love that women!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 93
D

DurningDefenseCustoms

I have them on 1911forum.com as well, Wild Bill is one crazy old timer, and thats all we need to know! :)

Thanks all for the comments,

More to come.

Latest posts