Dry counties suck!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I'm stuck in Batesville, Arkansas right now for work and little did I know... It's a dry county. So after working a 12 hour shift I can't even get a beer unless I want to drive 30 miles away, and who the hell wants to drive 30 miles just to get a couple beers? Oh well I guess it'll help me to not grow my beer belly any larger.

I'm done ranting now..... carry on with the gun chatter. Oh, and just so this post isn't lacking in gun talk, I've been told there's a nice range not too far from where I'm working and I just so happen to have my 1911 with me so I guess this trip just got a little better :)

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
time to invest in a good Ice Chest for the room

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I have a mini fridge in the room that I could fit two 30 packs in so I guess I'm gonna have to take the trip and stock up. At least it'll be 6 point.

dennishoddy

I feel your pain. We went to do a canoe trip down the Buffalo river, stayed in Harrison AK. The only place one could get a beer was at the VFW, but no carry out.
I think Ok still has a few dry county's.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
It's all in the planning dude! got plan for the important things like that nice frosty brew after a long workday! I'll drink one for ya does that make ya feel better LMAO. Later,

Kirk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I tried to plan. I got out here sunday and was going to stop in Ft. Smith and grab a 20 pack on the way in, but me not knowing anything about Arkansas, I didn't know its illegal to sell alcohol, even beer on Sundays in this state. Then when I got to the hotel I found out its a dry county.... Makes a man wanna cuss ya know.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I feel your pain. We went to do a canoe trip down the Buffalo river, stayed in Harrison AK. The only place one could get a beer was at the VFW, but no carry out.

Are you bitching about beer or did u see the perfect apportioning to rub our noses in your trip to Alaska? I bet I could grow an actual beard if I went there:)

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
List could be helpful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state