Don't You Hate It!? (Work Brainfart)

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
So, I replace the motherboard, heater board, heater junction board, no worky... Spent a few hours trouble shooting the sucker, then realize one plug slipped down and was under the motherboard. Damn technology!

IMG_1518[1].JPG

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
o_O
Damn technology!
Nice work @Fred_G
Clean neat work, so many dam wires I think of MOBOs as the headlight case on the 70s Yamahas.
Remember how the wires were tightly stuffed into it.

Funny how Computers are so much still just an electrical Machine.
When Win 95 came out, I agreed to build a couple of PCs with my Son it was an adventure
father & son.

I knew how to follow instruction as a lifelong Mechanic, so we got started & built them both in a day.
Now this was the Pucker factor time for me, it's lit up now OMG. What do we do now? :eek:
UH! Go back to the instructions.

As you guessed the PC Gods were kind to 2 innocent fools trying to build their own PCs.
The first PC lit up & we just did Paint by number to get it up & running, the 2nd one however was Broken. :(
What's wrong Dad? I heard that loud & clear. The great Porsche Mechanic who works on Race cars, uh oh!

Pouring through all the PC Mags & books I had to find help HELP! HELP!
All of a sudden the Mechanic kicked in and Said ::: Hey Dummy check the wiring first! I did & found where we forgot
to plug a very important plug into the MOBO :(

That's my start into building my own PCs, today I have built so many I forgot, friends ask me to put a box together
& set it up. If I learned anything from finding & buying the tools you need in order build & fix Computers, it's that
Computers are just Machines made by Man, & Man can build & fix them, sometimes with the Computer's own help.

Now I'm not saying that everyone should build their own PC, not at all, my son & I would have burned up our PCs by
not having any idea of what to do. It was an understanding by a Mechanic from a Points & condenser world, who decided to treat the
Mighty Computer as just another Dang Machine.

Ifin things was different & I was 29. I would love to learn how to solder the itty bitty parts to the boards, now that would be Cooool. ;)

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I build my own PC's as well. My first one would boot fine outside the case, not in the case. A few hours later, I realized I had a mobo standoff in the wrong place, causing a short...

My boss solders fuses and such onto the boards, not me, don't have the skills...

The printer is still resisting persecution, still won't work. We use aftermarket ink because it is better and we get a liter for what the OEM sells 100ML or so for... But they have sensors and such that have to be bypassed. Pain in the arse I say!

Latest posts