Don't buy it!

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Yes some ammo is showing up now. Still at ridiculous prices. .70 - .90 a rd. FMJ. Shove it. Don't even sell it at all at that price. Above all refuse to buy it at these scandalous prices. Do not fall into the trap, and it will come down. There seeing how long they can go and gouge you. I now I'm sure it's money grab. I didn't at first but now I know.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Yes some ammo is showing up now. Still at ridiculous prices. .70 - .90 a rd. FMJ. Shove it. Don't even sell it at all at that price. Above all refuse to buy it at these scandalous prices. Do not fall into the trap, and it will come down. There seeing how long they can go and gouge you. I now I'm sure it's money grab. I didn't at first but now I know.

Getting 9mm FMJ for around .40 a round. JHP $1 a round. I am buying, just not much. I am with you on they are charging what they can.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
took some time but 9mm is now 45 centsa round and some 45 acp is down to 60 cents a round. 22lr still at 12 cents a round. supplies are getting better--but usually NOT made in the USA. doe snot help that federal is selling it on their own-- when you live in a nazicrat state like CT, they will NOT ship to you.

it would be simple enough for them to just verify( as the law requires) that I have a pistol permit and ship ammo to me at their great prices.. but NOOOOO

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I had RSO duty yesterday & was shooting Federal Gold Match both the red box & the white box .308 168gr BTHP.
One guy asked how I could shoot that Federal Gold match ammo at theses prices today.

Prices? I traded 16 cent a round M2 Ball in M1 Garand 8 rd enbloc clips to some WWII reenactors for
20 rd boxes of the Federal Gold match. I was a High power shooter who used Fed gold match for practice
& got boat loads of M2 for pennies. I love my M1 Garand way much, only it's not an M1A Super match
one hole rifle with M2 ball..

New guys I understand, but anyone who knew & did not stock up just got caught this time in the trap.
The key that our new Commie leaders understand is fuel = ammo for the 2nd amendment.

Fuel or Ammunition is so important to Gun owners, this the key to future gun control, is through our Ammo.
I still see the 2 boxes of 45acp FMJ at the local Hardware store are still there, :eek: maybe Country farmers & red necks
like me are too wise for that BS.

Just to be sure. What are all those Black Talons in 45acp & 357 + 44mag worth today LOL.
The local Gun store offered me $50.00 a box last year for $50.00 worth of retail stuff.

Just wondering how a snowflake looks at the problem.
The Snowflake gets a 1911 ;) now he needs ammo for self defense. What is a 20rd box of Win 125gr PDX1 or
Hornaday Crit Defense, a 50 round box of Federal 357 magnum 125gr worth today???.

The last 230 ball I got was S&B 45acp 230 ball for $289.00 & that's the last anything gun related I have bought
in the last 10 years.

I really can't say what the hell I would do if I found myself without ammo today.

Just build a bunker & hide from the coming storm I guess.
When some citizens start hunting other citizens for the color of their skin. All HELL will break loose.
I will hunt the hunters in that case, & it's too bad :( the Commies will once again gain a win over us all.

Divided We fall!

;)

Last edited:

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Around me ammo is starting to show up at better prices . One store has 9mm for $19.95 per box of 50 . Most are $24.95 . The range I shoot indoors at dropped their price $10.00 , from $45.00 to $35.00 . It's the same ammo they've had the whole time , they have pallets of it . It's like gas stations changing price of fuel that's been in the tank the whole time . I hope they choke on it .

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Not too far away, Blazer aluminum case 9mm $14.99 per 50 limit 2 boxes. I went to another store, they had a very nice selection. .380, 45ACP, 9mm, pretty plentiful. Even saw several boxes of JHP for a decent price, 10mm, 38 SPL, and a pretty good selection of rifle ammo. 9mm Average was around $19.99 per 50 FMJ. No limit.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Picked up eight boxes of (over two trips) Aguila jsp 357 mag. for $20.99/50 which I don't think was bad.
Also got two boxes of Aguila 9mm for $11.99/50 which is getting better. They also changed their box limit to six boxes of handgun, five boxes of shotgun and four boxes of rifle or one case of each.
I haven't been to any of the bigger stores or my other favorite shop (where my previous ammo pics came from) for weeks to see what's happening in them.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Picked up 3 boxes of wwb 380acp today (I had none, zero,zilch) at my normal stop. Was $20/50 which for me around here is almost pre pandemic prices. Slowly picking up a few boxes of whatever I find at a decent price here and there just to continue building a surplus.
Except for the two boxes of Aguila 9mm I still won't pay the prices for it. I did stop yesterday at my other go to store that's had tons of ammonium in stock the whole time and they only dropped their 9mm prices $3 per box so still $29.99 for 115gr Fmj, still way too high for me!!

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Well my go to shop has eliminated all quantity limits on all ammo but price is still a little too high to start stocking up again just yet, we'll have to see what inflation does to the prices though.

They have plenty of 9mm for $16/50 that's down enough that I will replace what I shoot but won't add just yet.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a limit of 3 boxes of 22 rf this week at .06 round 3 x 555 round boxes of Federal . Just was it and was surprised to. They had 10 total boxes plus lots of CCI much higher priced, I shoot a lot and this works well for me.

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
I knew it was a money grab from the jump. This is all BS. I wonder what the excuse is now? Just about every other industry is operating at previous capacity post covid but oh no, not the firearms industry. Ammunition makers aren't even offering excuses anymore and the old ones are played out.

It's just funny to me that manufacturers are always out of stock on everything but go to gunbroker and you'll see scalper after scalper selling powder, primers and whatever you need for stupid prices and they'll list that they have thousands of thousands of primers, tons of powder( all different brands/sizes/types) but regular online suppliers, for those of us who have to buy online, like powder Valley, Graf and Sons, Natchez, Midsouth Shooter Supply etc have basically been without product for 18 months or more.

I'm so sick of the greed and lies from everybody. Dont the Aholes know that they're doing exactly what the commies want them to do? They're driving the prices so high that when they do stabilize the new normal will be beyond the reach of regular people and like most other things will be so expensive that only the wealthy will be able to enjoy it. Got to get those guns out of those peasants hands. Many of the posts above pretty much prove, at least to me anyway, that what I'm thinking is true.

You always used to hear about the comeradery within the 2A community and how tight we were. Well, I call BS. Bunch of greedy creeps , present company excluded of course. I think we all feel the same way about all of this.

Last edited:

Latest posts