Do you still shoot film?

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
My son-in-law GAVE ME his old Canon EOS 2000 35mm SLR film camera, as he didn't want it anymore. It's still a good camera, 3 different lenses, a couple of filters, etc... But trying to get film developed is another story.

I have an ancient Canon AE-1 in the closet, that hasn't seen the light of day in years. I should probably donate it somewhere.

My main camera is an excellent Nikon DSLR, 2 lenses, flash, numerous SD cards, etc...

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Donate those old film cameras and lenses to your local middle and high schools. They will be forever grateful! They still use them for teaching the art. Some of them are also worth a little $$, as there is a market for them with the yuppies. I was a professional for about 40 years, and made the trip from b&w film through color and then on to digital, trading at each upgrade, the old ones always had some value.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Donate those old film cameras and lenses to your local middle and high schools.
Much better than selling unless you have something that beats my Nikons.
You would think the old cameras would bring more, although it takes a bit of effort over the digitals.

I do have a Nikon D-7100 & enjoy taking pics with it due to instant feedback, & the interesting things you can do if you shoot Raw.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Been a long time, this thread reminded me of my experience, years ago. I'd finished school ( BS /SDSU ), passed my boards, & started working in my field, for about a year. I was so dissatisfied with my work experience, I took a photography class at a local college, thinking I'd specialize ( in medical photography ).
I'd learn to use a 35mm camera while overseas from a few friends that knew a lot more about photography than I did. Had a Minolta SR-T 101, then a newer Minolta XK.. (their 1st electronic shutter 35mm camera) When the class started ,our 1st assignment was to takeour cameras to a camera shop & have the shutter speeds checked , & adjusted as needed. My Minolta was spot on in it's speeds, about 1/2 the class had Canon cameras, and several said their new cameras had to be adjusted. Learned a lot in that class, most importantly to really look at the viewfinder, and see everything that will be in the picture.
We had weekly assignments, learned how to do B&W film developing &printing. Many of the assignments were fun, as I used my wife to "model" for me.
Maybe I should get my camera back out. Bought an Canon DSLR a few years ago, instruction book was so lengthy I gave up trying to get thru it.
In all honesty, I use my phone camera most the time, probably like most people.

Latest posts