Diffusion choke and fiocchi spreaders

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anybody have any experience with either of these in m2? I was kicking around the idea of trying one or both these combination for the 3gn classifier stages that like to put clays 10-15 yards out. If so how big is your pattern at 10 & 15 yards with no holes bigger than a clay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I use both. You can shoot a diffusion choke or spreaders on every target 10 yards and in, especially clays!

Fiocchi spreaders do about the same thing as the diffusion choke. If you run them together you get maybe 1-2" wider pattern. I patterned both and measured. It's really not worth running them together unless your shooting for $.

I usually run the diffusion choke as much as possible. I carry a box of spreaders with me to big matches in case I have a big array of hoser targets mixed into a stage that also requires slugs or something harder that needs an LM or M choke.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
I use a difussion in my M2 alot of the time here locally in bay matches. I patterned them from 10-25 yards getting about a 2-6" extra spread over IC choke. I forgot to change it out last match and still cleared the Texas star at 15yrds.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
The heavy pipes we use for shotgun targets up here laugh at light chokes at all but silly close ranges. Really depends on the target

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Joe Frechette said:
The heavy pipes we use for shotgun targets up here laugh at light chokes at all but silly close ranges. Really depends on the target
Those heavy pipes aren't fun to shoot. I'd rather shoot plates with no shoots nearby or buckshot if I gotta shoot a shotgun like a rifle.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
Nordic Shotgun Championship is back on this year!

I will be purchasing a diffusion choke for my new A5 though, now that we have 3GN club series @ Forest Lake. I agree that for the classifiers there is an advantage, however slight it may be.

Latest posts