Deer season 2014

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Any luck yet? I've seen one doe that had 2 yearlings with her. Not a lot of movement as far as I can tell. Still to many acorns and good cover. Best of luck and be safe to all the hunters this season! :cool:

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
ive been hunting 3 times this year. the first evening i saw 2 doe, the next evening i saw 7 doe.

i went this morning and saw a big doe with this guy following. she bleated and he grunted then he messed up and came out into the open. he was an 8 pt but one brow tine was broken off and the processor said he was about 175 lbs.

TigerStripesBuck.jpg

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Dang, I figured tigerstripe would be the first in on this. :ugeek: one more day of work and back to the stand for a couple of days. Got a good feeling this weekend :D
Congrats and nice deer

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a nice buck for SC Tigerstripe, congrats. What gun & caliber were you shooting?

Nice touch with the 'Fest shirt too!

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
35 yards!!! Man you don't need a gun just throw a rock, JK I wish I had those kinds of shots.

That 12 pt is awesome you obviously have a sweet spot to hunt. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Took my first deer of the year. Fork horn at 20 yards with a bow (3 yr old or so). Second time I seen him. I let him walk the first time. But down to my last back strap in the freezer and couldn't pass the second time he came around. Tried for a couple of does, but bow hunting for doe for me has been way harder than bucks. Doe's come in packs and are always on alert and don't allow for much movement, spooked the group every attempted draw. This was a special year for me. My 4 yr old got to come out and watch me field dress and process my take. I didn't know how he would react to the real deal even though we talk about hunting. He loved it, constant questions as 4 year old do, ended up being the cooler caddie. Hope every one else is having a good season. Thinking about a crossbow to increase opportunity for freezer meat, any crossbow shooters feedback on starting welcome.

Latest posts