CZ 712 Utility?

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
As much as I want an M2 I just dont see that happening any time soon. What do you guys think about the CZ 712 for 3 gun. Granted I have never shot a 3 gun match I really want to get started in it this year. I've seen a couple of these online in the $4-450 range. I can spend that much and then do a few upgrades over time. And if 3 gun turns out not to be for me I can use it as a general purpose shotgun or just trade it off. Has anyone here handled one of these CZ's or know anything about them or how hard they are to modify?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
As much as I want an M2 I just dont see that happening any time soon. What do you guys think about the CZ 712 for 3 gun. Granted I have never shot a 3 gun match I really want to get started in it this year. I've seen a couple of these online in the $4-450 range. I can spend that much and then do a few upgrades over time. And if 3 gun turns out not to be for me I can use it as a general purpose shotgun or just trade it off. Has anyone here handled one of these CZ's or know anything about them or how hard they are to modify?
Mike Pinto was supposed to be doing some testing on these to determine their viability for use in 3Gun. As far as I know, He's still waiting on the shotguns. There is a thread about it on here somewhere, just do a search for CZ712 or CZ 712. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

You're welcome to use my shotgun at the match, but you may get spoiled.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I'd hate to dig up a dead thread, but I found some info on the cz712 that might be of interest to us poor 3 gunners who can't afford benellis.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=40836.0

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Next match if I'm in town I'll bring mine and whomever wants to play can, warning though it's picky! bring the Federal bulk pack in 7 1/2 shot I've only had 1 of now 225 rounds that didn't work like it should.I think it's starting to get broke in a touch, they are cheap shotguns and I can say they have some little burrs and stuff where they wear.

I'm liking mine and one of these days I'll have all my goodies together to shoot 3-gun right now the priorities have been shifted. If ya wanna shot my CZ just let me know and bring some Federal bulk pack 7 1/2's ;) Later,

Kirk

snap a few pics of the loading port work, if you dont mind. I neglected to do that and Ive had several inquiries about it.

Mike

Latest posts