Cut & Re-thread Benelli M2 barrel

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a benelli M2 with a 26 inch barrel. I wanted to have it cut down to 24 or 22 inches. About how much do most gun smiths charge for cutting and re threading?

RyanReed

Semi-Pro
I've looked into it when I was shopping for my first benelli. I heard its tricky cutting benelli barrels due to the chrio. Not impossible, but not many smiths do it. Your looking at $100-200 + chokes. I don't think the factory chokes would work - you'd have to go with thinwalls. New barrels come with a set of chokes and are $450-500, but the 21 & 24" are hard to find. I'd order a new one, shoot the 26" in the meantime and sell the 26" when it comes in.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Id leave the 26" as is. Buy a +7 Notdic tube which should flush up with the end of the barrel and run it like that.

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Briley is the highest. 150 to cut plus chokes. Did you check with Benny?

Yeah Benny told me just to leave it 26. That I'd be fine, didn't tell me how much he charges. My tube holds 9 in it would that make it a 6+1?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Yeah that a +6. Does it flush up with the end of the barrel?

I had a barrel cut down by Steve Rose from Rose Action Sports. I don't remember the actual price but it was significantly less than Briley. I don't think I could get a diffusion choke though.

Latest posts