Covid Pricing

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I for one refuse to pay Covid shortage pricing for firearms.
I will pay a fair price but will not pay the inflated prices caused by the election and covid.

How do y'all feel about this?

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
What FordNut said - although the online places I shop (Classic Firearms, CDNN, MidwayUSA) and AmChar don't seem to have raised prices. They're just out of everything...

mark_b

Well-Known Fanatic
Time will tell how much the higher prices stick in the long term. After Sandy Hook ARs and magazines went through the roof, they eventually settled back to prior levels.

I'm willing to pay a small premium for delivery today but not $35 for a box of 50 9mm FMJ.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
I won't pay them unless I absolutely have to get it. We still have a capitalist market, so prices will go up as demand increases and supply can't keep up with it.
It amuses me that people think they'd still be able to buy the ammo that's in-stock if it wasn't at a previously "absurd" price.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
My wife often asks "is that a need or a want" and I don't really "need" anything at the moment so I'm not buying at these prices.

What really impresses me about this thread is all the long time members who have shown up!

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
I get that; my wife and I have discussions about that sort of thing now that I don't have to save pennies (or sell other guns) to afford a new one. I got her on board with the need-a-.22-training-pistol idea, but both my handguns now are M&Ps and the M&P 22 fullsize are simply unobtainium. I'm about to break down and get a Glock 44 - and I really don't care for glocks.

Kev101

Fanatic
I personally don't mind it, it's like inflation. I just sell and trade all my stuff at an inflated price and it all works out.

You just have to shoot a little less for the time being, which is fine for me I just train different (like we did in the Army) vs mag-dumps.

I think we'll face these ups and downs for our entire lives, since the hobby is so controversial to some. We're under constant political attack so panic buying will hurt us too.

So not only covid affects us but so does politics, it's crazy!

I just try to keep enjoying the hobby regardless of the situation, maybe wait on buying that new rifle but you'll get it eventually. I've taken a break, you'll see some good used prices on forums, keep an eye out.

Kev101

Fanatic
That's assuming they let us keep our firearms...

I'm planning on keeping mine regardless. A few yrs back I sold everyone that I had purchased through an FFL and used that money to purchase all new stuff privately through gun shows and Armslist. I don't have anything in my house that can be tied to my name via paperwork.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Hell, they can take my ARs if they want them that badly. Since that comes under the Takings Clause, I expect to be reimbursed for them. Given my experience in assembling, building, accurizing, and tuning rifles I think that's a minimum of $2K a rifle (I can make an AR at least as well as Barrett can).

Just be more $ to buy old rifles. I might have to branch out to WWI.

Latest posts