Connecticut school shooting

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
In an elementary school this time. The radio says the shooter is dead, possibly a teacher and possibly one child. I feel for any families affected but also wonder which direction this is going to spin???

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
Current reports have 27 dead, incuding 14 children, and multiple injuries.

I don?t want to get on a political bandwagon here (that?s a topic for a different post) but this is going to shoot to the top of gun control advocates bloody shirt list fast. When is someone going to notice that "gun free" zones don?t work, or only work until some madman breaks the law?

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
Take away the guns and we'd still here that someone came into a school with a sword, machete, or knife, just like we hear now from China. Whenever you have a weapon free zone, it is an obvious choice for some insane coward to pick for their last power trip.

I hope there is a special place in hell for cowards who hurt innocent kids, who have caused no harm to the ones who harm them.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
High capacity or not, we all know how easy and fast it is to change a magazine. Even moreso when the person doing it is the only one shooting. It just sucks that while these kind of shootings are extremely rare, they happen to be legally owned firearms involved. Background checks will get really strict now, Gun Control lobbyists have even more ammo to shoot back, the many responsible law abiding citizens will be held responsible for the actions of the few that do these horrific things.

Worst parts to this: all of these innocents gone now, so many more and their families have to live with this experience, yet any amount of gun control can never stop the criminals.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
flareback said:
I haven't heard yet what types of guns he used. Have they said yet?

killed his father at home, went to the school looking ,and found, his mother.

went into the school with 2 handguns and they found a "rifle" that shoots 223 in his vehicle. dont know about the 4th gun.

sick sob was dead. dont know who got him.

if they catch these kind of nuts the infacise should be on a public execution before people forget. if they stay in prison for years all people remember is the tragic gun related crime.

i say the only way to get tough on crime is to get tough on criminals.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
All you will hear is "GUN Controls Needed"....You Never her about tougher laws on criminals...And, tougher Judges to carry out those Laws...rather than let any fast talking Lawyer get everyone of the scum bags off with a light sentance...or, no sentence at all...Just because the prisons are overcrouded...

We Need Law Controls....Not Gun Controls.

"Stepping down of my soap box now"

Steve

dreamerofdreams

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
flareback said:
I haven't heard yet what types of guns he used. Have they said yet?

killed his father at home, went to the school looking ,and found, his mother.

went into the school with 2 handguns and they found a "rifle" that shoots 223 in his vehicle. dont know about the 4th gun.

Incorrect. The father is alive and well. So far it seems like he killed his mother at her home, then went to the school.

There was a whole lot of misinformation spread around here.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
John Canuck said:
Apparently the Connecticut a-hole tried to buy a gun on Tuesday but was unsuccessful. The antis should be happy because the system worked and prevented him from getting a gun.

http://ktla.com/2012/12/15/lanza-tired- ... ing/lanza/

So, he killed his own mother with her own guns, which he then took (presumably without her permission) to continue his spree. So I guess in order to prevent criminals from getting their hands on guns, you have to take them away from the victims as well.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
Actually, proper firearms storage would have been better if this was how he really got the guns. The nutjob in Oregon stole the AR-15 he used from a friend. I would like to know how that occured and what could happen to the owner of said rifle.

So, how about better "personal" gun control out there! ;)

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
dont missunderstand this. more control does not help.

quote from article, The Wall Street Journal http://t.co/sYQeSfV0

Connecticut has some of the toughest gun-ownership restrictions in the country, according to Brian Malte, a spokesman for the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence. Connecticut residents who wish to buy and carry a handgun have to receive a permit, which requires an extensive background check. Assault weapons are banned in the state.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Midnight Raver said:
Actually, proper firearms storage would have been better if this was how he really got the guns. The nutjob in Oregon stole the AR-15 he used from a friend. I would like to know how that occured and what could happen to the owner of said rifle.

So, how about better "personal" gun control out there! ;)

Oh, Connecticut has laws about that too. Child access prevention, and even if you have no children in the house, if your guns are stolen and misused you can be held criminally liable.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
At the least, personal gun control prevents immediate usage. The legal storage of firearms prevents this. A person with he right to carry would have possession of their defense piece as reqired at all times, I doubt any of you would not keep it at arms length. People need to keep firearms from being stolen or at least employed not as a weapon, but as a tool.

Latest posts