Concealed Carry CCW Trip Planner

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
This website is very useful for trip planning if you intend on carrying your concealed weapon while traveling. Nothing ruins a vacation faster than going to jail!

You just select the home state where you have a valid CCW permit and then select each state you are traveling through. Of course, it is your responsibility to confirm the information. A cop isn't going to care when you tell him "Yeah, well I checked on the internet"

Sometimes it even helps to print the information out before you travel.

BC

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I have always just used the OSBI website and followed the links on the list of states that honor the OK permit, this seems a lot more convenient. Nice link thanks for sharing.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
There are some gotchas out there. Whod a thunk it that New Mexico allows one CCW gun at a time. No BUGS allowed.

Stay out of Mass, Ill, NYC and California---you should be good to go.

If you can't make heads or tails from the online info... calling the STATE in questions ATTY Generals Office or State Police agency will usually get an answer.

imacgyver

Founding Member
So I can travel from OK to Texas with my handgun? As long as it is unloaded and in the trunk?

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
yeah, i put in KS and MU and it said gun and ammo have to be stored separately with the gun unloaded??

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
So I can travel from OK to Texas with my handgun? As long as it is unloaded and in the trunk?
JP... if you dont have a CCW or SDA (OK) I dont know of any STATE...that wont let you transport a firearm like that.

NYC and most of Chicago and NE Il (the metro area) would be the only exception that come to mind. Handguns are verboten but If memory serves you can transport a long gun in the counties.

California will get you if the gun is not on the state list. California gun laws require a "masters degree" so you really need to read up before you head out that way.

imacgyver

Founding Member
cool, I am going to visit a bud this weekend in Dallas and we were planning on going to a range for some fun

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
ok so can someone clarify for me... i don't like to carry my gun on me, i like to keep it in the holster, but loaded, can i not do that (i do have a ccw), it doesn't make sense that i can carry it on me loaded but it has to be unloaded if in car??

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
ok so can someone clarify for me... i don't like to carry my gun on me, i like to keep it in the holster, but loaded, can i not do that (i do have a ccw), it doesn't make sense that i can carry it on me loaded but it has to be unloaded if in car??
You can carry under the seat etc with a ccw

Ben in some states you can keep a loaded gun in the glove box without a Ccw
That's why knowing the laws in the states you travel is important

I really don't care for off body carry... But I lived in a city were carjacking was a cottage industry for a while....

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
In Texas anybody can have a loaded gun in the car. No permit needed. Actually if you're from Texas it's required that you have a loaded firearm in the pickup at all times.

J/K about the last one. :)