Coated Bullets?

dennishoddy

Clay Gross said:
I reload with a dillion 550 and after testing plated, double plated and coated, it seems like the coated do as well or better than the plated. After shooting a few hundred rounds of bayou bullets, the barrel looks really clean.
Same here. At USPSA ranges, the coated are cheaper and just as accurate. No leading!

DC4OU

Well-Known Fanatic
dr poopgiggle said:
Cheapest I've found is Blue Bullets with the Triangle Tactical discount code hat is a good
That is a good price. ACME is about the same price. You have to use the discount code ENOS10 to get a 10% discount. When I looked at 124gr volume buys, ACME won by $1 a thousand. They beat Bayou by $4 to $5 a thousand. I took into account shipping or the lack thereof.

DD78 is correct, if you watch for sales on Xtreme, you can get the price real close. However, I do think the coated are just a little more accurate but they do smoke a little more too.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I too really dig the ACME bullets. Last time I bought with the enos code they were the cheapest of the bunch by a real small margin.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
SNS has a better coating than Blue Bullets, and comparable price. Both are great. Order by the case.

Shoot more

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Blue Bullets actually smoke less than SNS for me. I'm sure it's powder/load/barrel dependent. It's not like it costs a lot to try a bunch of different bullets.

Only downside is they give you smurf fingers when you're loading them.