CMP 1911 Sales

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
1945 Remington Rand frame and slide.
arsenal rebuilt 76. I'm happy with it. The person on the wire wheel got a little heavy handed, but not a deal breaker.
pictured with my Remington Rand Typewriter.

Attachments

• 41A3CFE7-5D63-429E-AA71-425089297010.jpeg
    41A3CFE7-5D63-429E-AA71-425089297010.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
I can easily qualify for the CMP guns. But it just seams to me that it is too much red tape, money and hassle to go through for an old gun that we get back from who knows what country. Plus I think they are over priced and I have to spend $$$ to get it to a good reliable shooter. Just my opinion but I know a lot that feel the same. But I am glad the program exists. But in this Political Climate it won't for long.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
1945 Remington Rand frame and slide.
arsenal rebuilt 76. I'm happy with it. The person on the wire wheel got a little heavy handed, but not a deal breaker.
pictured with my Remington Rand Typewriter.
She's a beauty Jerry ;) a real 1911A1 War Horse. A real pearl bangled Billy for sure.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
1Sgt Jerry that is very nice and glad you received matching slide / frame. That was my big concern a mismatched upper and lower. Yours appears gtg. Congratulations my friend!!

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks
The only thing noteworthy is that at Arsenal they had a bit of a heavy hand on the wire wheel. It looked like it may have had crossed cannons but only a small remnant left. Not a deal breaker.
The over all Arsenal job is excellent. It's as tight, sharp, and "springy" as a new gun.

I've found on the CMP forum where you can request FOIA for some history. It only goes back to 70's or so when they began record keeping. I'm pretty sure this went through Arsenal at Anniston then was in storage form 1976 on.

From the info off this site

All the parts are correct (if not original) for a 1945 RR. Even has the HS High standard barrel. The safety, slide stop, and extractor May have been replaced at Arsenal as they are black, but the parts still meet the criteria listed.

Yes. I will shoot this. Not shoot it to death.
Im at an age where I'm not going to worry about it much. I found an old GI mag among my modern Ed Brown, Cobra and such. That give me 2 GI type mags. I am curious as to how a modern mag with 200 grain WC's will do. Who knows?

I very much appreciate my Novak's on my modern 1911! I can barely see the little boogers on the RR, lol.

Cost? I get it. If I'd bought a used Springfield or Colt in same condition. Keep in mind completely rebuilt. I'd have paid maybe $300-$500 more on the RR I have done nothing for myself for a year and a half since this nonsense has taken place. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn, and I think I'm worth it. Bills are paid and there is food in the house. For that I'm thankful.

let me know if any questions. I'll try to address best I can.

Best

Last edited:

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Cost? I get it. If I'd bought a used Springfield or Colt in same condition. Keep in mind completely rebuilt. I'd have paid maybe $300-$500 more. I have done nothing for myself for a year and a half since this nonsense has taken place. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn, and I think I'm worth it. I'll are paid and there is food in the house. For that I'm thankful.

Atta Boy 1Sgt_Jerry & remember like old Vets, :) old 1911s who never knew what a Civilian was needs & deserves a good home, & I'm sure she will get
a good home with you.

I shoot my 1917, 1911 named Betsy & she loves every round
Not so pretty anymore her shoes, are org Issue for her in 1917 &
I just can't see changing them.

IMG_20201005_133240253.jpgIMG_20201005_133843250_MP.jpg

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Thats about how they looked on my 43 RR, sadly gone now. Those cannon were not centered when struck , I think.
Congratulations on a fine shooter I'm certain

SoyTarasbulba

New Fanatic
This is the latest post I can find on the CMP1911 program so I'm putting my post right here. It's been a long time since I last posted so I didn't remember my access codes, but I was able to find them and, just for security, I changed my PW. Anyway, I got a surprise call from the CMP last November that became my very best Xmas present 'from me to me with much love'. My number finally came up for a 1911. I had applied right at the beginning and didn't put much hope that anything would happen anytime soon, but patience paid off. I got a year 1945 USMC issued Ithaca M1911A1 judging by the serial number. I'm yet to shoot it, but I intend to. very soon. Meanwhile, I keep opening the case at least once a week just to enjoy the looks, feel and clean my dirty greasy fingerprints off of it.

Attachments

• 20211213_M1911A1 Ithaca_2.jpg
    20211213_M1911A1 Ithaca_2.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 6

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm patiently waiting on round two
I've already been told I'm stupid for wanting one, waste of time, money, etc etc.
My only justification is I like 1911's I'm somewhat old, and I've worked hard all my life. So, there's that.
What more justification does one need that what you've stated? Listen not to the nay sayers sour grapes. I have had a chance to see and hold one of these. My FFL actually got one and it is very nice. Hang on you may still get one. I for one hope that you do!

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
What more justification does one need that what you've stated? Listen not to the nay sayers sour grapes. I have had a chance to see and hold one of these. My FFL actually got one and it is very nice. Hang on you may still get one. I for one hope that you do!
Yes Sir!

Came several months ago. In this thread somewhere. I'll save you the trouble of hunting it down.
1945 RR slide-frame ANAD 2-76 field grade

Attachments

• 50DB2DF1-DC6A-4468-93E1-56BCE58C3A18.jpeg
    50DB2DF1-DC6A-4468-93E1-56BCE58C3A18.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5