Clay pigeon holders/hangers

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I found these on a buddies website and I thought they were interesting. If anybod gets ambitious and makes any, I would like some too. It is simply some rebar with some 4" thinwall pipe welded to it. It looks like you could stick it in the ground our hang it as well.

dennishoddy

Thats pretty cool, but can see where the rebar thats in the center of the ring could be shot out pretty quick.

When the kids were around the house, we used rubber bands and string to hang clays or charcoal briquettes. Kids really like to see things explode.

Some of that style with a little mod to keep the rebar out of the center would be pretty easy to make. Real easy.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
A door or piece of plywood with some nails works good as hangers for these.

Jesse, I'll see what I can scrounge up around the shop. Never underestimate the supply of junk in a farmers barn.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Thats pretty cool, but can see where the rebar thats in the center of the ring could be shot out pretty quick.

When the kids were around the house, we used rubber bands and string to hang clays or charcoal briquettes. Kids really like to see things explode.

Some of that style with a little mod to keep the rebar out of the center would be pretty easy to make. Real easy.

For rifle, yeah, but for birdshot it ought to last forever.

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
That design is not too bad, if I were to make some, I wouldn't run the rebar across the back of the pipe. I would weld the rebar to the top of the pipe, the weld in some small lips on one end of the pipe to keep the clays from falling out. That way it would last a lot longer, because it will be less likely to be hit by a bullet. I probably have enough scrap metal to make some,

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
It's pretty tough to beat those small plastic clips that cost only pennies for hanging the clays for rifle shooting.

Redneck you don't need to do all that. If you pound them into the ground or hang them at an angle the clays will hold themselves in due to bring wedged in there. The Beaty of the design is that it's pretty minimalistic.

joshappel

Par times back to normal
It's pretty tough to beat those small plastic clips that cost only pennies for hanging the clays for rifle shooting.

Redneck you don't need to do all that. If you pound them into the ground or hang them at an angle the clays will hold themselves in due to bring wedged in there. The Beaty of the design is that it's pretty minimalistic.
The plastic clips can't be beat when used for rifle.

Latest posts