Chip Mcormick

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have 4 in the original packaging I'm saving. Why? Addiction, ya know.
I can absolutely relate to that. I admit I'm prone to addiction with anything related to guns and ammo. I'm OCD, ADHD, and I'm not familiar enough with the terms to list the rest :oops: :eek: o_O ;)

I'm 52 (53 in a few days) and I have owned guns since I was 9 yrs. old. My first was a Marlin 60 semi-auto .22 my Dad gave me for my birthday. I still have it and it's in pristine condition. She shoots perfectly after who knows how many thousands of rounds.

Last edited:

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Nice. My 1st gun was purchased with my paper route money at 12 yrs. old. 20 ga. Western Field(Mossberg) bolt action shotgun with a poly-choke. Long gone. In those days 2 or 3 of us would get on our bikes at 5:00 am. and go pheasant hunting. Now days a SWAT Team would have shot all of us.
I can absolutely relate to that. I admit I'm prone to addiction with anything related to guns and ammo. I'm OCD, ADHD, and I'm not familiar enough with the terms to list the rest :oops: :eek: o_O ;)

I'm 52 (53 in a few days) and I have owned guns since I was 9 yrs. old. My first was a Marlin 60 semi-auto .22 my Dad gave me for my birthday. I still have it and it's in pristine condition. She shoots perfectly after who knows how many thousands of rounds.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Nice. My 1st gun was purchased with my paper route money at 12 yrs. old. 20 ga. Western Field(Mossberg) bolt action shotgun with a poly-choke. Long gone. In those days 2 or 3 of us would get on our bikes at 5:00 am. and go pheasant hunting. Now days a SWAT Team would have shot all of us.
When I was in school, the guys who could afford to drive a vehicle would bring their guns and have them ready to go hunting immediately after school. If that happened now, it would be a major incident. Our world has changed.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Its true alot of the old, familiar names are passing. Even when my youngest daughter was in school (shes 35) the boys in our small Montana mountain town would have their 270 or 308 bolt actions in the rear window of the old pick up for a before or after school hunt, Times have clearly changed. We can all see it.

First gun was my great grandpas top break single shot .410. What a rabbit gun! Then graduated to his and my Dads old m1897 12gauge, that old pump killed many a pheasant. At 12 , from hay baling $$, I bought my new Ithaca m37 featherlite 16ga. I still have the latter 2 and my sisters grandson has the 410. Guns don't leave our family.

Short story. I returned home with a bag out of ringnecks one saturday afternoon to find my Dad and a Dr I didn't know (occassionally Dad would take wealthy city folk on hunts) out in the back where we cleaned game. The Dr looked at me, then looked at his fancy ,highly grained stock, obviously expensive shotgun and shook his head, smiling slightly, and said as he eyed my inexpensive Ithaca "even the boy can hit them like the father with his old Winchester and I didn't hit even one"!! It was priceless. We hunted bobwhite quail regularly, they make a rising pheasant fairly easy

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Its true alot of the old, familiar names are passing. Even when my youngest daughter was in school (shes 35) the boys in our small Montana mountain town would have their 270 or 308 bolt actions in the rear window of the old pick up for a before or after school hunt, Times have clearly changed. We can all see it.

First gun was my great grandpas top break single shot .410. What a rabbit gun! Then graduated to his and my Dads old m1897 12gauge, that old pump killed many a pheasant. At 12 , from hay baling $$, I bought my new Ithaca m37 featherlite 16ga. I still have the latter 2 and my sisters grandson has the 410. Guns don't leave our family.

Short story. I returned home with a bag out of ringnecks one saturday afternoon to find my Dad and a Dr I didn't know (occassionally Dad would take wealthy city folk on hunts) out in the back where we cleaned game. The Dr looked at me, then looked at his fancy ,highly grained stock, obviously expensive shotgun and shook his head, smiling slightly, and said as he eyed my inexpensive Ithaca "even the boy can hit them like the father with his old Winchester and I didn't hit even one"!! It was priceless. We hunted bobwhite quail regularly, they make a rising pheasant fairly easy

Latest posts