Cheaper than Dirt Price Gouging

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
Cheaper than Dirt jacked their prices up to crazy and beyond.

Magpul 30 round AR-15 mags were cranked up to $59.97 When customers started pledging to never buy from them again, they dropped the price to $39.97

Aim has them for $14.95 if not already sold out.

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
Midnight Raver said:
C_Carson said:
Cheaper Than Dirt can go inseminate themselves for all I care.

You're killing me kiddo! :lol:

I was trying to keep it mild. Imagine what I REALLY wanted to say! :twisted:

I've been a little upset over the past weeks events, so I'm feeling a little fierce...y'all've been warned. :D

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
There are only three options for a retailer.

1) Keep the price the same as normal and sell out. Items are rationed by "first come first serve -- late comers are screwed!"
2) Ration the items. Midway was doing "two to a customer." This rations items by address or name. It also screws people on shipping.
3) Allow the price to float to what the demand will bear. This rations limited supply by ability to pay.

Either way a limited number of PMAGS will be rationed. At least a new AR buyer who NEEDS a mag can get it from CTD. The "fair" retailers are all sold out and if all of them kept their prices the same, the new buyer would be screwed entirely. Higher prices also give more incentive to add another shift/add more tooling to increase the supply for everyone in the long run.

Its called the free market.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
its called socalism when one dik tator can cause changes in supply and demand. or kidnap and kill you.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Midway USA is allowing backorders on mags at their normal price. Check slickguns.com as I have seen a flurry of mags on sale in the past week at fairly normal prices. One site had 100 30-rd for $850'ish.

Latest posts