CCW Process

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Has anyone gotten their CCW permit recently?

I'm taking the class next week and wondering how long it takes to get your permit after you mail everything off. I've heard people say 3-6 months, but that seems like a pretty long wait...

dennishoddy

It takes awhile sometimes.
Case in point: Some family friends, man and wife took the course together, and did all of the paper work, finger prints, etc at the same time. The husband moved to OK from Georgia. The wife is a native Okie.
She got hers in 90 days, his took a whole lot longer. He finally had to call and question the time frame. Fault was with Georgia, not Oklahoma, as they have to go to them for the background check.
Hang in there, It will happen.

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
just got mine about 7 months ago. took about 6 weeks from the time i sent in my paperwork / fingerprints. i live in garfield county and it took nearly as long to get my fingerprints. about a 30 day wait for that.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I got mine in 2-3 months even though they were saying that it would take 6 or so because the amount of apps going through.

PDN

Well-Known Fanatic
I got mine recently. It took 5 weeks from class to permit in hand.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Has anyone gotten their CCW permit recently?

I'm taking the class next week and wondering how long it takes to get your permit after you mail everything off. I've heard people say 3-6 months, but that seems like a pretty long wait...

Where are you taking the class, Adam?

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm taking the Saturday class at Heartland Outdoors in Edmond. I live in Logan county, and hoping since it's a less populated area they'll be able to get it out faster than 6 months. heh

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I'm taking the Saturday class at Heartland Outdoors in Edmond. I live in Logan county, and hoping since it's a less populated area they'll be able to get it out faster than 6 months. heh

wrong assumption... all applications from every one of the 77 counties in OK end up at OSBI... sooner or later.

I was living in Logan when I got mine... the permit got to the SO a good week before the letter showed up in my home mail.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Bummer ... Guess I'll just have to wait impatiently by my mailbox until it shows up. :)

Latest posts