Calling All Addicts

Agent P

Fanatic
I'm here. Not a fan of the new format.
I hope others will follow but my guess is they will just stay and get use to the new format with time.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Thanks for the vote of confidence @Badabing11

I will be implementing some things around here shortly that will hopefully make others feel more right at home.
We will have a new logo, and more importantly instruments to prevent the loss of the site in the future.

Big Biscuit

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been around various forums for a long time.
I don't understand the business end of the forums. I do enjoy the shared knowledge and community aspects.

I do understand "follow the money" though.
Owning forums of every nature must generate a pay point because these forum acquisitions seem to be widespread now.
It sure looks like that outfit is trying to corner the forum market. It's not just firearms forums.

Yes, I am on the other site too.
I found this forum last night and see many familiar names here, so I joined.
This seems like a friendly place to hang out.

AZ Husker

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm slowly figuring it out, but some options are hidden in the most bizarre places. I hate the "push" feature.

hendershot

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll gladly come over here. That place just doesn't seem right anymore. It will take participation from many as posting by one's self isn't much fun nor is it a learning experience.

I'm not sure what it takes to get a chat room going, but I'm not opposed to "chipping in" if it's not much more than a cost thing.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I'll gladly come over here. That place just doesn't seem right anymore. It will take participation from many as posting by one's self isn't much fun nor is it a learning experience.

I'm not sure what it takes to get a chat room going, but I'm not opposed to "chipping in" if it's not much more than a cost thing.
The chat room should already be up.

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

Well-Known Fanatic
I saw the announcement at the other place the other day, and have had a brief look at the new format. I don't see any advantages to it, but it's not terrible. All these commercial sites have to stay trendy - which I suppose is part of the problem.

I don't know if it's bad enough to get many people to move. People will tolerate a lot of negative change if it's introduced gradually, and there are folks over there who have a ton invested in it. It's quite understandable if they don't leave or duplicate efforts on a different board.

My overall forum activity is pretty low these days, because I just have different stuff going on. I do still watch the gunsmith forums at Addicts and 1911.com. But I don't buy/sell/trade much. I don't collect. And, in many ways, my personality is not well suited to internet conversations. I can't help that.

I am still actively interested in 1911 carry pistols, gear and training. Pistol Annie is still training women and new shooters. I am going ahead and getting the NRA Pistol Trainer cert so I can formalize my work helping her. We still intend to open a range in Texas but it's been delayed indefinitely by CoViD circumstances and we know it might not happen.

I will check in here more regularly and see what's happening.