caliber question

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
ok 38 will fire in 357 guns.

how about 40 firing in a 10 mm?

everything is the same except the length.

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
Bullet diameter would be the same, but you'd never get it to cycle due to the differences in case length. That would be my opinion. From some sort of revolver, I would expect they would be interchangeable so long as it handled the higher pressure of the 10mm over the .40. Case lengths here would not matter as much as the difference between .38 special and .357 are 4mm, whereas the 10mm is only 3mm longer than the .40

PS. Looked it up and the Smith and Wesson model 610 revolver can fire both 10mm and .40 S/W
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/Sm ... %20610.pdf

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
I think it's a no-no due to the fact the rimless auto cartridges fit in the chamber against the mouth of the case whereas revolver cartridges use the rim. Likewise, a .380 is a 9mm short but you can't (read shouldn't) run 380 in a 9. Not to mention the springs are sized for the more powerful recoil, so it might not cycle.

If you have a 10 and want to shoot 40, HOLY DIVER might make a trade.

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
You know the great thing about this forum is the sharing of information and the sense of community.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Frost said:
You know the great thing about this forum is the sharing of information and the sense of community.

+1 That is why this is the only Forum I follow and participate on. :D

Latest posts