Cabot Guns

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Thought some of you might be interested in this. Not so much on this site but on a lot of the gun forums there are always those ripping the high end manufacturers, going on about how they wouldn't waste their money on any gun selling for more than a few hundred dollars and badmouthing the manufacturers of the high end gun. As you are probably aware, Cabot makes some really interesting, albeit highly priced works of art. Also some in the Baer, Brown, and Wilson price range. I a new offering called the NEMO that got high marks and praises from the well known guy shooting the gun. Naturally, after such recommendations I got interested. Called Cabot and asked the tech guy to explain the difference between that one and the Cabot I had. He did, and then told me basically no difference other some subtle changes and to just shoot the hell out of the one I had. Next question was if they had the "perfect" gun for taking advanced firearms courses such as offered at Gunsite, where sometimes you have to do pretty challenging precision shooting out to 25 yards. He told me that the one I had was fine, that usually it was the shooter, not the gun. Sights can make a difference beyond 10-15 yards, but guns that are manufactured for EDC and defensive shooting are usually fitted with sights that are mfg for a quick
sight picture and not so much for long distance precision shooting. But again, my gun would do everything any gun that they manufacture would do. And anything you would likely be asked to do at a Gunsite or similar courses (I've taken four there plus many other law enforcement and civilian courses) I would take. He laughed and said just practice and get a good sight picture. So no new sale and honesty at it's finest. Something you don't always find in the gun business, especially with the local gun and pawnshop store. He told me a lot of things about sights that I really didn't know, and I've shot for a lot of years, competition and law enforcement, military and am a firearms instructor. But a high end manufacturer can always give you information that possibly you never thought about or plain didn't know.

Last edited:

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice info to know.. thanks for sharing.
Were you a FMF HM?
I was an 8454, HM (EEG Tech) ..'72-'76 and assign to USMC unit drilling @ Camp Elliot (San Diego)
as a reservist for a yr.or so, after my 4yrs of active duty.

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice info to know.. thanks for sharing.
Were you a FMF HM?
I was an 8454, HM (EEG Tech) ..'72-'76 and assign to USMC unit drilling @ Camp Elliot (San Diego)
as a reservist for a yr.or so, after my 4yrs of active duty.
Camp Pendelton, Infantry and then in a Weapons Platoon about 15 years before you. Boot camp at MCRD San Diego.

Latest posts