Burris AR332... I like it!

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Just got it in and tried it out indoors... was dark when I got to play with it... The dot is much smaller than I expected, and the detail for range adjustments is amazingly crisp and bright. Unpowered, the reticle is etched into the glass... Much better than expected.. Puts my vortexes into an entirely different class..

Its not an Acog, but I figured I wasn't at THAT level of skill... LOL

IMGP0676.JPG

IMGP0671.JPG

IMGP0667.JPG

IMGP0677.JPG

The picture of the reticle doesn't even do it justice...

SC

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Is that on your 300BLK upper?

I just picked up a LNIB Vortex Viper PST 1x4 from a guy in Columbia last night. Haven't really had time to play with it yet.

Looks like we both need a range trip to zero some optics! ;)

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic
They are anywhere from $279-$350 depending on where you go.. They've been on backorder a lot of the lower price places.. I got this one for $287(Midsouthshooterssupply) plus a few bucks shipping as part of a larger order... the $279(Cameraland) was delivered pricing but had a backorder/drop ship wait until October... I have 2 Vipers for other uppers but wanted to see what the next tier offered.

Its 3 power and one of the sharpest resolution illuminated reticles I've seen. I can own 4-5 of these per 1 ACOG, thats pretty much what the reviews were saying too.

I have a hard time putting a scope more than $600+ on a hunting rifle. So I think between the Vipers and the Burris, I've found my comfort zone.

Clicker, its on the 300 for the photo shoot, and I have a feeling its going to be my most used upper, so right now, thats where its staying.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
SuperChuck said:
I have 2 Vipers for other uppers but wanted to see what the next tier offered.

Clicker, its on the 300 for the photo shoot, and I have a feeling its going to be my most used upper, so right now, thats where its staying.

Dang son 2 other Vipers! Which model/models do you have?
The only issue I can see thus far with the one I have is the brightness levels are goofy. 1 thru 5 is for low light and/or NV use and are very dim.
6 thru 10 levels are way too much of an increase in brightness over the first 5 levels. I'd prefer a more linear increase in brightness from say level 4 thru 7.

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic
My bad... Vortex Strike Fire, Red/Green Dots. I had them on the 300 Blackout and the 5.45x39 uppers.

I was having a CRS moment..

SC

Latest posts