Browning A5 for 3gun

bgbr

New Fanatic
I see that Greg Jordan, and his team mate Larry Houck from Loudon guns, is using a Browning A5 for 3gun.
Does anyone know the details about their set-up?
I immediately thought they are using the good old A5 until I realized that Browning has come out with a new version.
I have not been able to find any pics on the net.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
there're a few guys in the 3GN pro series that have them

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
bgbr said:
I see that Greg Jordan, and his team mate Larry Houck from Loudon guns, is using a Browning A5 for 3gun.
Does anyone know the details about their set-up?
I immediately thought they are using the good old A5 until I realized that Browning has come out with a new version.
I have not been able to find any pics on the net.
Greg Jordan and Tommy Thacker run them. Larry Houck is still Mr. FNH. I bought one and its pretty sweet but I have only shot 200 rounds through it. It's basically a inertia driven gun like a Benelli with a better trigger nice mid bead for slugs and the auto load feature that means you never have to port load again. When the bolt locks back you simply drop a deuce in the tube and it auto loads the chamber as your going for your second deuce. Could be a newb game changer. Big draw backs are they cost more than an M2 and nobody is making aftermarket pats for them yet. I had accurate iron turn down an slp nut to fit inside the hand guard.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
mike cyrwus said:
they wont last as long as a benelli
what is it about them that gives you this conclusion?
Are there some things that can be changed or modified to extend the longevity?
It seems there're some benefits to this platform that make it worth trying to keep around.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Wall said:
what is it about them that gives you this conclusion?
Are there some things that can be changed or modified to extend the longevity?
It seems there're some benefits to this platform that make it worth trying to keep around.
The bolt carrier group looks wimpier. They come with a 100,000 round or 5 year warranty. So I'm guessing they put at least a 100k thru one or they are betting nobody will do it in less than 5 years.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
The bolt carrier group looks wimpier. They come with a 100,000 round or 5 year warranty. So I'm guessing they put at least a 100k thru one or they are betting nobody will do it in less than 5 years.
Most people won't do that in 40 years! Myself included! :(

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
thread revival, anyone got one of these tricked out yet... that humpback and auto load feature are interesting

Latest posts