Biden withdraws ATF nominee

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like they couldn't get enough democrats behind him either

WASHINGTON, Sept 9 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden on Thursday withdrew his nomination of gun control advocate David Chipman to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives - a federal agency pivotal in his goal of lowering U.S. firearms violence - blaming Republican opposition.

Chipman, who previously worked for the ATF for nearly 25 years, had drawn strong Republican opposition in the Senate, undermining his chances of winning confirmation in a chamber only narrowly controlled by Biden's fellow Democrats. Republicans generally oppose gun control.

Senator Angus King of Maine, an independent who usually votes with the Democrats but was a holdout on Chipman, also was a key factor in the decision to withdraw the nomination, according to two sources, speaking on condition of anonymity.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Just my 2 cents(or more). This would not have happened if good people in the country didn't put a lot of support to 2 organizations that I know of. GOA/Gun Owners of America & FPC/Firearms Policy Coalition. I know I dropped a couple of C-notes. The cost of a few boxes of ammo. We all need to support the Pro-2nd organizations of your choice. NOW !!! Besides the NRA.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
glad chipman is out, but these treasonous bastards will not give up

Agree with @HooDooMan, gun owners financially supported this defeat. I hope we all contributed, I know I've given more $$ this year than ever before. We are in the fight of our lives. NEVER GIVE UP---NEVER GIVE IN

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
glad chipman is out, but these treasonous bastards will not give up

Agree with @HooDooMan, gun owners financially supported this defeat. I hope we all contributed, I know I've given more $$ this year than ever before. We are in the fight of our lives. NEVER GIVE UP---NEVER GIVE IN
I'm with you. I've given more money (by far) than at any other time. These devils will never stop. They need to disarm us so they can do the other things to us that they are aching to do while establishing complete control.....over my dead body surrounded by brass and empty mags.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Once the Communist's & call them just what they are, get there foot in the door of our 2nd amendment we will have to fight
to keep our right to self Defense from Tyrants or we will all lose
1633190817234.png

Latest posts