Best Light for Glock 17

GGIGREEN

Red Dirt Ready
I am thinking about adding a light to my Glock 17. What do you guys recommend. I guess I will need a new holster to carry it in once I add the light so please let me know there too.

I am on the verge of buying a M&P9 too so if the light can be used on either gun that's even better.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I have the Streamlight TLR1 and that light is awesome. It mounts solidly, it's very bright, and seems to be able to take a beating.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have the Streamlight TLR1 and that light is awesome. It mounts solidly, it's very bright, and seems to be able to take a beating.

I bought one of these off Jerry's recommendation and it is nice! I did try to break it getting it open the first time. Oh well its not water proof much past rain anymore.

cheech_029

Well-Known Fanatic
+1 for the X300 & DG switch, if you can afford it. Surefire has an unbeatable warranty too.

Safariland holster if you're wanting retention, Raven Concealment if you don't want retention.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I used a TLR-1 at the AR15Targets 2gun night match last weekend for one stage. During the course of that stage, I found out that the constant on position could not handle the massive recoil of the compensated .223 rifle. I also found out that my non-strobe model is most definitely equipped with strobe guts.

x300 is inbound from LAPG as we speak.

Streamlight told me to send it back and they'd reprogram it for me.

english kanigit

Well-Known Fanatic
Oklahoma - At the Bubonic Bed and Breakfast lookin
I had posted this up on the other site a while back.

english kanigit;1325099 said:
In the land of the pistol-mounted weapon light Surefire is king.

They are extremely robust and well engineered. The glass lens is easy enough to clean unlike the plastic lens of some other lights that will actually discolor and go opaque after shooting a lot with it mounted. If you cannot shoot regularly with and item mounted on your gun for fear of damaging it then it shouldn't be on the gun. The light on the right has been mounted on a G19 for around 1500 rounds. I have had no issues with it and the only thing I bother to clean is the lens.

Michael Brown is entirely correct about the DG switch. The only drawback to them is their flimsiness. Something I've started doing is putting heat shrink tubing on the length of the switch to protect it from abrasion. In the first picture you can actually see how the rubber has worn away on one corner of the switch. The heatshrink tubing will help to prevent this. The great thing about these lights is that when equipped with the DG switch they are completely seamless: they just work. I used to do a lot of night time travel on the interstate and regularly CC'd an x300 on the gun.

Ek

web.jpg

web.jpg
english kanigit;1328810 said:
Keep in mind that a weaponlight is exactly that. You probably ought to still have a hand held of some sort available.

Think of the difference between a search radar scanning a large area with a few thousand watts of energy and a target acquisition radar pumping out nearly a million watts of RF energy on a very narrow beam. Two different purposes...

The purpose of one is to help you find something, the purpose of the other is to, once you've found that something, light it's ass up so you can light it's ass up.

Ek

Latest posts