Beretta 87 or 89 target 22 lr pistol

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been looking everywhere for the Beretta 87 or 89 22lr pistols can't find one on any auction site. So I figured I ask here if anyone has seen one for sale. The 89 model was produced first but for only 2 yrs, then they changed to the 87 model pretty much the same pistol. Both are single action target pistols with 5.9 in barrels.

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been saying the same thing and throw in some other four letter word. I would really like to find a gold standard 89. I have a 87 but would like to get one for my son he love the one I have but I'm not ready to let him have it.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Marshal- here is and 87 target on GB.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=313351169

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been looking for a 87 cheetah at a good price for a while now. I want the barrel threaded for a suppressor host. The 87 is a sweet looking pistol with a can attached but I don't want to pay $700 for a range toy. I finally found a Walther PPK/s in .22 and set it up for my suppressor and it is everyones favorite pistol at the range. It gives you the whold James Bond experience without the hot chicks.

I have been looking for a 87 cheetah at a good price for a while now. I want the barrel threaded for a suppressor host. The 87 is a sweet looking pistol with a can attached but I don't want to pay $700 for a range toy. I finally found a Walther PPK/s in .22 and set it up for my suppressor and it is everyones favorite pistol at the range. It gives you the whold James Bond experience without the hot chicks.

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
Dave I understand good price, they are up there in price. I have Email out for a 87 which was answered and one out for a 89 with no reply yet out in your stomping ground of Texas. I have two days to make up my mind if I want to spend the money for either the 87 or the 89.

How does the Walther PPK shoot at 50 yds? I've read it's not as accurate as the full size target pistol at distance.

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
I have not shot it at that distance. It is pretty accurate at 25 yards.
walther009.jpg

Leadfinger

New Fanatic
Marshal F said:
I've been looking everywhere for the Beretta 87 or 89 22lr pistols can't find one on any auction site. So I figured I ask here if anyone has seen one for sale. The 89 model was produced first but for only 2 yrs, then they changed to the 87 model pretty much the same pistol. Both are single action target pistols with 5.9 in barrels.
According to "Genitron.com" it would appear that the model 89 was produced for 12 years (i.e. 1988 to 2000). See link below.
What made you think it was only produced for 2 years? Or did you just make a typo and forget to include the "1" in front of that? Just curious.

http://www.genitron.com/Handgun/Beretta/Pistol/89-Gold-Standard/22-LR/Variant-1

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an 87 target, it's the only gun I have with a three stage trigger.

Latest posts