Benelli SBE2 for 3 gun

Hoop

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey guys,

I was a spectator at the OKCGC 3 gun match over the weekend. Looks like a lot of fun, but I'm going to have to do some equipment upgrades to get in the action.

I have my trusty SBE2 duck gun that I've shot for years. I see most guys using the M2. Kinda hate to bastardize my WMD duck gun for 3 gun, but that will probably be the cheapest way to get there. Upgrading to a new AR would be where my money would be best served.

I honestly don't know the difference between an M2 and SBE2. Would it be feasible to send the SBE to Mike?

Thoughts are appreciated.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
sure, the SBE will work fine. The difference is that it weighs a little more & has a larger ejection port & chamber. Mike has worked over several SBE's.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Biggest disadvantage to an SBE is no comfortech stock like the M2 or SBE 2. Other than that the SBE is basically just a 3 1/2" version of the older M1. I'd run the heck outta an SBE in 3-gun and hunting.

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
man i hate to be the devils advocate here but you need to get an m2 and have mike do the race package right from the start, i started out with my sbe duck gun and it is a huge PIA to take it down for hunting IMO. If you only shoot 3 gun outside of duck season and dont shoot 3 gun inside of duck season it may not be a bother to you but if you hunt with your shotgun all throughout the year like i do it is a big PIA. I will tell you this for fact, if you are using a SBE2 for duck hunting you are spoiled already and will never be happy with any 3 gun shotgun unless it is a benelli.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Cameron Gonder (gondo) said:
man i hate to be the devils advocate here but you need to get an m2 and have mike do the race package right from the start, i started out with my sbe duck gun and it is a huge PIA to take it down for hunting IMO. If you only shoot 3 gun outside of duck season and dont shoot 3 gun inside of duck season it may not be a bother to you but if you hunt with your shotgun all throughout the year like i do it is a big PIA. I will tell you this for fact, if you are using a SBE2 for duck hunting you are spoiled already and will never be happy with any 3 gun shotgun unless it is a benelli.
Sounds like my philosophy for multiple uppers with only one lower. I wanna shoot not put guns together.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
SBE is boss, SBE2 will be even more boss. Cameron, I'm just curious (and also not a duck hunter), what all do you do to change your shotgun between configs? Obviously more complicated than unscrewing the endcap and dropping a dowel rod down the mag tube.

Austin T said:
SBE is boss, SBE2 will be even more boss. Cameron, I'm just curious (and also not a duck hunter), what all do you do to change your shotgun between configs? Obviously more complicated than unscrewing the endcap and dropping a dowel rod down the mag tube.
thats all youd need to do, imo

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
Austin T said:
mike is right, all you really need to do is dowel rod, i just dont like the clamp and 12rnd tube and match saver and all that stuff on the gun when im hunting, it is heavy to carry around for coyotes, flushing birds and small game and it is a huge PIA in a layout blind.... also the only case mine will fit in is my safariland 3 gun case and i dont want to unload my case of all my 3 gun stuff and lug it out to the duck blind... my particular 3 gun M2 also has a pistol grip but i dont like hunting with a pistol grip shotgun... bottom line is that i am picky as hell.... and if any of you say i need to man up carry the heavy gun around... well... i bench 8 plates so its not a size issue

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
i thought of one more thing, i did use my sbe until i had my 3 gun ar together and then saved up for the m2 so sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do caz this game can be a big initial investment... an initial investment you dont want to skimp on either

Latest posts