Benelli Nova Review?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Do you have a specific question or a specific purpose of use in mind? I had one for a while and might be able to help. I'm working so I can't type a full review of what I thought of it right now.

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
Do you have a specific question or a specific purpose of use in mind? I had one for a while and might be able to help. I'm working so I can't type a full review of what I thought of it right now.

I do not have a shotgun and there is one available at a charity auction. So, if worthy I can fill a need and help the charity. General purpose use, like helping an unexpected unwanted guest leave the house.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The 24" benelli Nova is the Redneck Tactical Shotgun of choice for Heavy Metal Divison. They have some realy cool pics of thier guns on the Red Nect Tactical Facebook page. KurtM told me he woudl choose one over the venerable 870 anyday. I hope those guys will chime in here as they have tons of Nova knowledge.

http://www.facebook....&closeTheater=1

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
The 24" benelli Nova is the Redneck Tactical Shotgun of choice for Heavy Metal Divison. They have some realy cool pics of thier guns on the Red Nect Tactical Facebook page. KurtM told me he woudl choose one over the venerable 870 anyday. I hope those guys will chime in here as they have tons of Nova knowledge.

http://www.facebook....&closeTheater=1

I think this is the 28" field. I think I would rather run a tactical model of some kind. I do not bird hunt and have only done so once with a single shot 410. Which worked out well for the hen that I shot. Because a bird is a bird when you have no idea what you are doing? That was 20 years ago.

Of course If I get a tactical and later want to hunt that leaves me the excuse to get another gun.

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a SuperNova tactical and I love it. Right out of the box, it has ghost ring sights, can shoot 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2" shells, and has the feed stopper button that allows you to cycle the action without feeding another round for the tube. The last feature is useful if you needed to quickly load a slug directly into the ejection port without the gun feeding a round from the mag tube full of buckshot, ect.

The supernova has the comfortech stock, which is nice. Doesn't reduce the recoil as much as Benelli claims, but it is slightly noticable. Also, the fore-end doesn't rattle like they did with the previous Novas.

Some of the downsides I've noticed is that the comfortech stock is not as sturdy and reliable on the earlier models. The stockpad cage assembly are notorious for popping completely out on the earlier SuperNova models. Mine did that and you basically have to epoxy the whole darn thing. Benelli seems to use a very conservative amount of glue on those things. Also, the stock probably wouldn't make for a great boat oar or club like you could with a traditional stock :D

The most notable downside is that it has one of the worse triggers for a shotgun. It's heavy and has a flex feeling before it breaks. Not much of an issues since it's a shotgun, but it's still a little annoying.

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
The most notable downside is that they don't make a left handed version of the Nova.

Latest posts