Benelli M2 compact

Well-Known Fanatic
So I tried the versa max, great shotgun but the lop was way to long. Looking at my options it's either the Beretta 1301 or Benelli compact. I've handled the beretta and liked it, but would like to take a look at the benelli before buying. So does anyone have a compact I could take a look at and possibly try out or know of a local dealer that has them?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
jeffhughes said:
At Sportsworld Kevin told me Bennelli make a compact stock for the M2, 130 bucks...
I see a 26" m2 compact is new an the Benelli site. If the compact comfortech stock is only $130 that cheap. I swear benelli stocks ran $250ish.

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't seen the compact comfort tech stock sold separately, but the regular go for like 250. Jesse the 26" is the one I was looking at.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
The SX3 is a pretty nice choice as well. I have one and it does nothing but run. It's pretty light but the recoil is tamed by the gas system. It has a 13 7/8" LOP and spacers to go to 14 3/4". Also shims for cast on/off and drop of comb. Pretty nice rig.

jtischauser

mike_pinto said:
The SX3 is a pretty nice choice as well. I have one and it does nothing but run. It's pretty light but the recoil is tamed by the gas system. It has a 13 7/8" LOP and spacers to go to 14 3/4". Also shims for cast on/off and drop of comb. Pretty nice rig.
Dude nobody runs an sx3. Barely anybody still runs the SLP.

Well-Known Fanatic
Looked at the sx3, but I need 13.25 - 13.5 range benelli and Beretta were the only 2 in that range I found

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
Dude nobody runs an sx3. Barely anybody still runs the SLP.
I wouldn't say "nobody". Still not sure why either. Very serviceable choice and doesn't need much to be ready. The SLP was crap from the start which is probably why not more people run that platform.

jtischauser

SLP's die early deaths. I don't know what breaks but everyone I know that used to shoot them say they ran great until one day they wouldn't run anymore. That's hard 2-gun use obviously. The average joe oils shoot one all his life and never have a. Issue I'm sure.

There is nobody on the top of the game running the SLP unless they have an FN logo on their shirt.

As far as the SX3 goes maybe winchester needs to support 3-gun a little rather than just exhibition shooters like that red headed dude from WI.

They used to put shorter stocks on M2's with longer gel pads. The ticket would be a earlier, shorter m2 stock with a newer short LOP gel pad.

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
I cut an inch off my M2 stock to make the LOP better for me....didn't realize I could just buy a shorter stock??