Benelli M1 Mag: Longer Nordic or use coupler?

ASH556

Active Fanatic
I've currently got a 21" Benelli M1 set up with an 8 round tube (+ 5 Nordic MXT) for Factory division. I want to jump up to Practical and want to go up to a 12 round tube on the shotgun. Am I better off just buying a new +9 Nordic tube or going with the Nordic Coupler and an additional +4? The potential benefit to going the coupler route that I see is I wouldn't have to mess with my clamp. Just an endcap and spring swap. Also potentially easier/shorter to travel with.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

ASH556

Active Fanatic
And a follow-up, slightly related question: I also have a 28" barrel for this gun. That's actually how I bought it, and then added the 21" barrel later. So, if I'm going to go with a 12 round tube that's going to be super long, why not also have the barrel that long? More velocity = more knockdown, right? I could then sell my 21" barrel for some extra coin to buy ammo or something.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Coupler and new spring is the cheaper route.

I wish I had a 26-28" barrel on one of my guns!

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
You can just buy a +9 tube and spring. Won't have to mess with a coupler. Nordic's retail site sells just the tubes for about $35 + $6 spring and you're in business. I've got my Vinci, M2 and Supernova set up this way, and I use a barrel clamp on them. It doesn't seem to affect POI on slugs.

Latest posts