Benelli M1 - 28" to 21"

ASH556

Active Fanatic
I have a pretty well raced out 28" Benelli M1 I love. However, I've decided that for most of my uses I'd prefer a 21" barrel on the gun. I had one that I sold to Benny about a year ago. I'd like to get into another. I'm wondering the best way to do it:

1)Cut the 28" down and thread for chokes. Is this feasible given the chrome lining? Who would do it?
2)Get a 21" M2 barrel. This requires handguard modification, or so I've read. Would I still be able to use M1 barrels after modifying the handguard?
3)Try and find a 21" M1 barrel. This could take who knows how long and also not sure on condition.

I suppose I could also sell the whole gun and buy a new 21" M2, but I'm not sure what the financial crossover would be. Also, unless cutting down the 28" is a viable option, I'd like to sell it to offset the cost of the 21". You think there's much of a market for the 28" barrel only?

Thanks!

TLDR:
Wanna go from this:

Back to this:

And need to know the best way to get it done.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Briley cuts barrels but it's not cheap and neither are their thin wall Chokes.
New Benelli barrels are like $500. Used 21" barrels are like unicorns. Although you might check Perfetto performance on gun broker. They buy Benelli guns and part them out.
Cheapest route would be to sell current gun after finding a used 21".

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Dale Callicoat said:
Will a M1 barrel fit on a M2? I have been wanting a 28" to throw on my M2 for hunting.
Yes but you need an M1 hand guard for an M1 barrel and vice versa.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Feegee Matlock said:
Just sell it. I will give you 800$$ for it right now?

H&H Shooting Team
for the barrel? hell, I'll sell you mine

Latest posts