bag him or wait one more year?

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Dennis, et al. What do you think? Of course we are meaning the buck on the right. At the house I want to let him go; perhaps he'll survive the gauntlet of hunters surrounding my 65 A parcel. But if/when I actually see him in person I might change my mind. I think I should decide now and stick to my plan.

A side note: I have been hunting another 160 A farm during archery and muzzleloader, but have passed on 4 different 1.5-2.5 YO. I'll fill my larder with a doe or one of the goofy racked kiddos.

pre_1510763163__9_point_nov_2017.jpg

dennishoddy

He’s a nice, even 2 1/2 year old by appearance, that could approach impressive status next year.
As the rut is upon us, and depending on the buck to doe ratio in your area, he could travel several miles in his quest to spawn more like him, so the question is, what will your neighbors do if he walks in front of their stands? That should direct what course to take.
There is an old saying out there for Oklahoma.
In early archery and muzzleloader season, you kill your deer.
In rifle season, you kill your neighbors deer.

Good luck on the rest of the deer season!

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
dennishoddy said:
He’s a nice, even 2 1/2 year old by appearance, that could approach impressive status next year.
As the rut is upon us, and depending on the buck to doe ratio in your area, he could travel several miles in his quest to spawn more like him, so the question is, what will your neighbors do if he walks in front of their stands? That should direct what course to take.
There is an old saying out there for Oklahoma.
In early archery and muzzleloader season, you kill your deer.
In rifle season, you kill your neighbors deer.

Good luck on the rest of the deer season!
those guy will kill a fork-horn in a second! I hope my friend kills him. That way I don't have to worry about it!

tally ho! K

dennishoddy

Dux-R-Us said:
those guy will kill a fork-horn in a second! I hope my friend kills him. That way I don't have to worry about it!

tally ho! K
LOL, it takes many hundreds if not thousands of acres to effectively manage a herd for trophy bucks, or the cooperation of some neighbors.
Hope you get a big one. I saw a true pig tonight, but not within bow range.
Come Saturday, if I see him again, he will be mine.

5bf08553e9c25a2c9fd8eec318a92b50.jpg

Latest posts