as seen on THE WALKING DEAD

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
Gerber's been in the limelight a bit lately. I've used a couple of these peices and for their price they're worth having in the "toolkit".
-I've been eyebaling the Parang design machete; the blade design is supposed to be great for brush clearing. The Bear Grylls association kinda gets on me though.
-The Gator machete is a great idea, but is a little on the thin side for sawing. Maybe the shorter one will have more rigidity.
-The Ergos on the camp axe are REAL nice. It's easy to wield and the weight is fair. I think my Kabar kukri worked a little better though, IMO.
-As for the hooked machete pro, I'm too scared of gouging myself in the face, but maybe I'll give it a shot one of these days.

Anyone else give any of these a try?

Apocalypse.jpg

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Their hatchets are great. I have one like the one in the picture at work, and I have one of their little camp ax (same head 1/3 the handle) that I carry while hunting. Both are great.

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic

Feegee

The Magic Man
Has anyone had on of these? It is a auto opening model and I love it!

View attachment 2466

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335965358.697552.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335965358.697552.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 59

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a bunch of Gerbers in my collection. My edc is either an Obsidian

6_393482.jpg

or an Evo.

Gerber_Evo__84719.1314076867.1280.1280.jpg

And if I have to dress up and don't want one clipped to my pocket I grab my Mini Paraframe.

GE22-08485-2T.jpg

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
I actually carry an Obsidian, love it. Opens with just a flick of the wrist and has a great safety lock. I keep a Mini Paraframe clipped in my tool box, love that one too.

Y

yousa

I carry $1 Walmart folders. You CAN'T lose them. I've never had a nice knife stay with me a month. I gave up on the idea 30 years ago.

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
How do you loose $1 folders?
It's easy if you know how. Just lay it down, turn your back and either the black hole in your house eats it or the gremlins steal it.

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the design of the parang, but I read an article recently that they were recalling a bunch of them.

Brandi

Well-Known Fanatic
As far as "machete" style blades my one and only, plus favorite, is my Ka-Bar Cutlass. The blade is very thick at the spine and extremely strong. The design puts most of its mass in just the right spot so that it slides right through whatever you're trying to cut. It doesn't have the length of more traditional machetes but it more than makes up for it with its other abilities.

Other than the Ka-Bar Cutlass I have a Ka-Bar "fighting" knife for most other things and a Buck Vanguard for skinning, a DPx HEST original fixed blade for back up and a Gerber LMF carried via a leg strap for emergencies. Various folders by Buck or US made Schrades for small stuff.

Latest posts