AR10 optics decided

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
:mrgreen: Just realized I mis-read your post. I like the Primary Arms scopes. I had the 4-14x44 mil mil FFP. Vortex looks nice as well.

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
bigfutz said:
So what drove your decision? Are you actually shooting at the 24x magnification setting, and if so, at what range?

I fretted between the 4-16x and 6-24x for a while and in the end, money drove the decision, as well as my father. I got the 6-24x new for $499.....so I couldn't say no. BUT....my father shoots with me as well, and his ailing eyes like the high mag settings. I have a place to shoot to, and past, 600 yards, when deer season is not in.

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
kg4kpg said:
:mrgreen: Just realized I mis-read your post. I like the Primary Arms scopes. I had the 4-14x44 mil mil FFP. Vortex looks nice as well.

My only complaint about the PA was the ACSS reticle. It was just too busy for me. Also, at dusk, light gathering left a LOT to be desired compared to my Leupold on my 7mm-08, and I just wasn't "impressed" with the PA. It was fine, and would have suited my needs fine, but the reticle bugged me and made me nitpick all of the other parts of the scope.

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
Got this thing all mounted in! ADM mount took MINIMAL lapping, excellent product for sure. I will get it to the range this weekend hopefully. Lots more shooting for me coming soon since deer season will be over.

Latest posts